Daniel Radcliffe, Broadway Cares Auction

foxy

Today I saw Merrily We Roll Along. I know there’s already a post about the show, which is very good. But this is what happened at the end. It’s that time of year when performers raise money for Broadway Cares. Today Daniel Radcliffe ran an auction raising $1,500 hundred. He was fun to watch with all his enthusiasm. It was something the cast had autographed. 

3 hours ago, foxy said:

Today I saw Merrily We Roll Along. I know there’s already a post about the show, which is very good. But this is what happened at the end. It’s that time of year when performers raise money for Broadway Cares. Today Daniel Radcliffe ran an auction raising $1,500 hundred. He was fun to watch with all his enthusiasm. It was something the cast had autographed. 

I am a big fan of Daniel Radcliffe. He was lucky in the sense that his parents were financially savvy and took great care of his growing Harry Potter income stream despite his going through a rough time with substance abuse.  I remember reading a few features (one from Cosmopolitan comes to mind) about how frugal he actually is. He donates a lot of dough - including to the Trevor Project, one if my personal favorite charities. 

1 hour ago, randeman said:

Who knew Harry Potter could sing and dance?"

Traditional.theatre educations insist that you can sing, dance AND act.

I had the same reaction when Antonio Banderas performed opposite Madonna in "Evita". I only knew him as an actor but he blew Madonna out of the water in all categories. Hidden skills.