Jussie is now in rehab

Ali Gator

Jussie Smollett is getting help through a rehab treatment facility ... TMZ has confirmed with a rep from Smollett's camp.

The rep tells us, "Jussie has had an extremely difficult past few years. He has quietly been working very hard for some time now and we are proud of him for taking these necessary steps." 

WWW.TMZ.COM

Jussie Smollett has entered into a rehab treatment facility.

4 hours ago, nycman said:

Who?

Oh yeah, the lying attention whore from a few years ago?

Let me rephrase that….who cares?

Be kind - his attorney says he has had an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT past few years. I'm sure he meant trying to juggle and decide all his Hollywood offers to star in television shows and movies, no ? 😀

6 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

Be kind - his attorney says he has had an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT past few years. I'm sure he meant trying to juggle and decide all his Hollywood offers to star in television shows and movies, no ? 😀

If Smollett has a substance-abuse problem and is genuinely trying to straighten his life out, then I support and applaud him.  But this smacks of a PR stunt.  Smollett destroyed his career by staging a pathetic hoax.  What better way to redemption than a stint in rehab, after which he can very publicly claim that he's changed, grown, blah blah blah.  Cue up the "I'm a totally different person now" interviews.  Yeah, uh huh, sure you are.

This handsome guy had such a promising career (singing and acting) ahead of him just a few years ago. I recall watching an interview with him (before all this craziness happened) and he really held his own, and was quite interesting to listen to that day. I honestly thought he would go far once 'Empire' was over.  How and what went wrong with him after that is a mystery to everyone. 

6 hours ago, BSR said:

If Smollett has a substance-abuse problem and is genuinely trying to straighten his life out, then I support and applaud him.  But this smacks of a PR stunt.  Smollett destroyed his career by staging a pathetic hoax.  What better way to redemption than a stint in rehab, after which he can very publicly claim that he's changed, grown, blah blah blah.  Cue up the "I'm a totally different person now" interviews.  Yeah, uh huh, sure you are.

Exactly!  An insanity defense.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2023 at 5:54 AM, Ali Gator said:

This handsome guy had such a promising career (singing and acting) ahead of him just a few years ago. I recall watching an interview with him (before all this craziness happened) and he really held his own, and was quite interesting to listen to that day. I honestly thought he would go far once 'Empire' was over. 

How and what went wrong with him after that is a mystery to everyone.    It most certainly is.  Apparently now (December 3rd) he's serving time for some 150 days.  I don't know where he's housed, but on Steven A's podcast that I listened to yesterday, JS was discussed.  Steven A. had mixed thoughts about the young man.

On 10/24/2023 at 5:16 AM, BSR said:

On 10/24/2023 at 11:40 AM, augustus said:

Exactly!  An insanity defense.

More like an inanity defense.

Now that an Illinois appellate court denied Smollett's appeal, he will have to serve his 150-day sentence.  Smollett's false police report caused the Chicago PD to waste a vast amount of money and resources that should have been dedicated to dealing with real crimes.  In my opinion, Smollett deserves a lot more than 150 days.