Dead Man Walking

foxy

My ticket is for the Saturday matinee, the final performance. Hope the performers aren’t too exhausted by then. I got my ticket on TDF for $63.50 and will pick it up before the performance. I have no idea where I’ll be sitting. But often the best seats acoustically can be up in the rafters. I may bring binoculars. 

https://youtu.be/ezRnSGugwNc?si=X5yDhkOTtd6_qnJW

Ryan McKinny looks pretty hot. Opera singers have certainly become more attractive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 7:01 PM, foxy said:

A very powerful production today. I wasn’t prepared for how graphic the execution was going to be. Joyce DiDonato and Ryan McKinny plus the rest of the cast deserved the standing ovation. 

IMG_5043.jpeg

I thought it was powerful and moving. Second time hearing DiDonato, previous time was her Virginia Wolff role. I love her voice, so awesome particularly given her diminutive size. The theatre experience bringing in close-ups (not the staged filming) zoomed in visually a lot of the acting right down to perspiration and tears. The chemistry between Sister Helen and Joe, and with Sister Rose, spot on. The mother sang the original Helen role decades ago. The ritual of the alcohol swab alone, medically superfluous, so chilling. 

Edited by SirBillybob