Shucked 🌽 A new musical comedy

Cooper

Tony nominated SHUCKED is playing at the Nederlander Theatre. It’s an easy story to follow and an easy ticket to get.

It’s about a backwoods corn farming community that suddenly sees its crops dying. They seek outside help to save their business. This leads to love, marriage, and deception. 

Depending on your humor level, some might be lol while others might be thinking what else is playing on Broadway. 

It’s a very talented, likable, and good-looking cast. Lots of singing, dancing, and laughs. Tony winner Alex Newell, who plays LuLu, belts out those love songs and is the star of the show. 

The play has a happy ending! 🌽

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I’m assuming Shucked isn’t doing very well at the box office. I got a survey on-line from Shucked asking me what elements of the show I might like/dislike.  I’ve never looked at possibly going to the show so I’m not sure why I was a recipient of the survey…although I do attend theatre in Detroit, NYC, and London. 

They seemed to be looking for ways to make the show more appealing in order to sell more tickets. Multiple questions on how you feel about country music (I hate it).   Every time I see their advertising I think about that 1970’s show Hee Haw (I also disliked that). 

Anyways, Shucked wouldn’t be for me but I’m glad others get a kick out of it. 

11 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Every time I see their advertising I think about that 1970’s show Hee Haw (I also disliked that).

That's because Shucked started out at Dallas Theater Center as Hee-Haw The Musical. 

It didn't run well and they took it back to the drawing board, but kept entirely too much of the yuk-yuk humor. 

The best part of the show is Newell's one big nunber. And they got a Tony for it. 

The rest I wouldn't wish to make my worst enemy sit through.