Do you shop at TSC?

ICTJOCK

11 minutes ago, Pensant said:

I’ve never been to one. Is it a hardware store?

I was being kind of funny when I posted this thread,  but is serious.   TSC  locations are very common in the middle of the country.    I really enjoy the visit when I'm in one.   Kind of a combination of a small "Lowes"  or ACE Hardware",  but they sell men's clothes,  pet food and supplies  gardening stuff and a nice section of seasonal decorations.   You never know what you'll find in one at a good price either.

For Life Out Here | Tractor Supply Co.

They are also common in the southeast. I’m in a mid sized southern city, they are not within the city limits but there are a few locations in the small more blue collar rural towns outside the city limits. I’ve never shopped at one and don’t think I ever will. 😂 

Edited by caramelsub

There are several TSC stores close to the house...one only about 10 minutes away.  We live in a rural/small town/farming-type area so it makes sense.  I have never been as I assumed it had only farming/tractor items for sale.  One  thing that had raised a red flag for me regarding TSC was on some of their local TV advertising.  I don't recall the exact words they used but they were something along the lines of PATRIOT/LIBERTY/FREEDOM or some such thing.  When I hear those types of terms in advertising it's a major turn-off for me so I choose not to patronize the businesses that use them.

This thread has caused me to reconsider my position.  I did some research this morning and I see that TSC sponsored a drag show in Waco Texas in recent years.  They caught major flack for it too (which is not surprising in small city Texas).  I'm not sure why they chose to sponsor the show but I applaud them for doing it.

Sometime in the next few weeks I think I will venture in and see what's on offer.  However if I see guns for sale and lots of camouflage clothing for men...I'm outa there!

1 hour ago, caramelsub said:

They are also common in the southeast. I’m in a mid sized southern city, they are not within the city limits but there are a few locations in the small more blue collar rural towns outside the city limits. I’ve never shopped at one and don’t think I ever will. 😂 

I used to think the same thing.....

28 minutes ago, EZEtoGRU said:

There are several TSC stores close to the house...one only about 10 minutes away.  We live in a rural/small town/farming-type area so it makes sense.  I have never been as I assumed it had only farming/tractor items for sale.  One  thing that had raised a red flag for me regarding TSC was on some of their local TV advertising.  I don't recall the exact words they used but they were something along the lines of PATRIOT/LIBERTY/FREEDOM or some such thing.  When I hear those types of terms in advertising it's a major turn-off for me so I choose not to patronize the businesses that use them.

This thread has caused me to reconsider my position.  I did some research this morning and I see that TSC sponsored a drag show in Waco Texas in recent years.  They caught major flack for it too (which is not surprising in small city Texas).  I'm not sure why they chose to sponsor the show but I applaud them for doing it.

Sometime in the next few weeks I think I will venture in and see what's on offer.  However if I see guns for sale and lots of camouflage clothing for men...I'm outa there!

I appreciate a fair review  and think you should go in.    I'll tell you that I used to think the same thing.... and then I went in.    I like garden stuff and like to see the seasonal decorations they offer.    I also have beagles,   so I checked out all the different brands of Pet Food they carry.   Sure,  they have chicks (hatchlings)  in the spring,  just like my feed dealer and they do have men's hunting clothing,   but it is more.    I also have to keep my hands off the candy they have as you head out the door.

One other thing on the "freedom" clothing.    I'll use Under Armour as an example.    I used to think their "freedom series" was about a certain political slant,   It really isn't.   Did some research and Under Armour's freedom clothing celebrates freedom of all kinds.   I have a half dozen of those shirts now  and be assured,  I'd be the first to support drag shows,  so always wise to ask questions about this kind of thing.