Taylor Swift isn't the only generous female singer, you know...

samhexum

At an estimated average of $7.5 million grossed per concert, $100K is only 1.3% of the nightly ticket sales.  It's like someone grossing $200 in salary per day giving up $2.  $100K is a huge amount for many people, but it's less than a pittance for someone with a net worth in the hundreds of millions of dollars.  I'm not trying to sound holier than thou, but relatively speaking, it's ALMOST the least thing a singer in that sort of situation could do for their fans who have spent their hard-earned money on concert tickets.

18 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

At an estimated average of $7.5 million grossed per concert, $100K is only 1.3% of the nightly ticket sales.  It's like someone grossing $200 in salary per day giving up $2.  $100K is a huge amount for many people, but it's less than a pittance for someone with a net worth in the hundreds of millions of dollars.  I'm not trying to sound holier than thou, but relatively speaking, it's ALMOST the least thing a singer in that sort of situation could do for their fans who have spent their hard-earned money on concert tickets.

I agree, and thought of that before posting this, but how many times have you heard about wealthy singers or groups spending anything to show appreciation and/or consideration for their fans?  Just because she could've easily afforded to send every fan home in their own limo*** doesn't make what she did less nice.

***that meant buying each fan a limo, not just renting one.

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!

• 1 month later...

I guess this is some kind of publicity contest between Swift and Beyonce to prove who could be the most generous entertainer this year ?

I might be the odd one out, but I believe acts of kindness and generosity should be done anonymously by entertainers as hundreds have done over the decades - not in the headlines of the entertainment pages.