Gay Bathhouses and Similar Gatherings

Just Chuck

Only a few gay bathhouses seem to have survived the pandemic.  I used to have a website that listed and reviewed bathhouses around the world bookmarked, but I can't find one like that anymore.  If you know of a good bathhouse directory, I'd love to see a link.

Some newer alternatives have popped up.  Groups on meetup.com, email distribution lists and other social media have regular gatherings at locations where men will gather for an afternoon or an evening and have a few hours of bathhouse-like experiences.  (Checkout Albuquerque's ABQ Gay Glorytime on Meetup, or the DenverMensClub).  Some of them are tied to all-male yoga practices.  Again, If you know of a directory or more to list, I'd love to see links.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ICTJOCK said:

I've actually never been to a "bathouse"  before.   One in Toronto was pointed out to me during one of my visits,  but have never been in one.

Interesting thread.    Good information for those who enjoy them.

Toronto has a storied past to its bathhouse scene. In the early 80's the Toronto vice squad raided a popular mens gay bathhouse on a Saturday night and arrested I think over 80 so called found-ins. There was a provision in the criminal code then for being found in a common bawdy house.  

Well their names were published and there was an incredible fallout. One man jumped off his high rise balcony when his name came out in the newspapers.

Another was a friend of mine and he worked for a high ranking Canadian politician. On Monday he walked into his boss's office and told him about his arrest. The man just looked at him and said "Thanks for telling me. Get back to work."

Later that politician's party legalized same sex marriage in Canada. 12 years earlier they had decriminalized same sex relations. The road to equality was a long and hard fought one. And continues today.

Edited by Luv2play