TONY Awards 2023

Lucky

Watched last night as I was attending a wedding on Sunday night...(what gay couple plans their wedding for TONY night?)...and agree. Theater is a live medium so winging it comes naturally to many of these folks, so the script less format worked pretty well. I agree the Shucked number was a mess...didn't sell the show at all, which is too bad because it's lots of fun. Loved that they did the anagram song from Kimberly Akimbo...and missed Annaleigh in the Sweeney presentation. Glad we got to see Lea rock it on Don't Rain on My Parade. Thought Henderson would win Best Actor...which would have been fine, but glad Sean Hayes got it as well. One of those categories I would have had a terrible time voting. Broadway needed the bump...hopefully it will help, but until ticket prices come down, it's going to be too luxe for many. (Especially those who don't know all the discount tricks.) 

Yes, Benjamin Nicholas, exactly! Not for the big shows like Sweeney, Hamilton, etc., but the digital lotteries are pretty amazing...you often get sensational seats...sometimes too close (first row), for minimal money. Of course no guarantee, but I've been pretty lucky. And TodayTix will often have good sales...including "no fee" days.