Dallas - anything new?

12is12

12 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Hi Guys, 

Will b there for the weekend.  Anything new about Tin Room and The View? R they worth the effort to go there? [Why r they so off center?] 

Any other venues, clubs, saunas, GH ?

Y, TR is worth 2 go.

Not been 2 TV yet.  But I will go next time I'm in big D.

TR was a little 2 the left

Edited by Vegas_Millennial
Edited for clarity. Originally, too many words were abbreviated, but not everyone knows what acronyms and abbreviations mean

On 5/16/2023 at 8:11 PM, 12is12 said:

Why r they so off center?

9 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx Vegas, but what did u mean "a little to the left"? 

The atmosphere at the Tin Room is more left than right of center, especially for Texas.  But I wouldn't call it "so off center".  I'm sure there is a mix of all political affiliations at the club, and everyone gets along well.  No one's there to discuss politics.

12 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Sorry. Probably my mistake. By "off center" I meant not downtown. Sorry.

Anyway, is thursday an action night?

I've visited on Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays in March 2019 and 2020.  Thursdays are pleasant, probably more so to me than Fridays or Saturdays because it is less crowded but there are still plenty of dancers.

In most U.S. cities, gay bars and adult business are usually not in downtown.  Real estate prices are too high and zoning laws try to keep away seedy adult business from downtowns which try to attract luxury office buildings and condominiums.  Gay bars and adult business are usually several blocks away in an industrial area with lower land value and fewer wealthy residential neighbors.  Even in New York's Manhattan, gay bars are not located in the expensive Financial District or Midtown anymore.  They are pushed to The Village and Hells Kitchen, which may be expensive areas now but were originally poor neighborhoods.