Grey House

foxy

This show is still in preview and doesn’t open till May 30. But it stars Laurie Metcalf who is always so good so I went and bought a ticket for this weeks matinee. There’s a kind of deja vu to this since Metcalf starred in Misery on Broadway in 2015. A somewhat similar plot perhaps. Sadly the other star Bruce Willis was not very good and kept forgetting his lines. Maybe the beginning of his health problems with aphasia? But Metcalf was good and managed to make a bad production better. So I’m curious to see how this goes. Since it a “scary” play there can’t be any details about the plot I guess. 

13A5CD6B-C0BB-4478-A82B-B071070F2EDF.jpeg

6301DCA6-6324-4C90-BBBB-A4F6C51DCA06.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it last weekend. I love horror and the thought of it on a live stage sounded great. So I really wanted to like it ... but I didn't. Laurie was great and was given some fun moments. But overall the script gives us (and Tatiana Maslany) very little. No real context or purpose for what happens. Horror tropes that have been done before. And speaking of horror not enough scares. One or two are effective but I wanted more. Maybe my expectations were too high. That said, if you want a different experience than a typical night at the theater then this show might satisfy that.

Edited by Bmxman

When I arrived at the theater May 15 I was told the performance had been canceled. No reason given and I received a full refund. So now I think I’ll wait a bit before buying another ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 9:25 AM, foxy said:

When I arrived at the theater May 15 I was told the performance had been canceled. No reason given and I received a full refund. So now I think I’ll wait a bit before buying another ticket.

Have you seen it yet? I've seen it 3 times and each time I watch it I always learn something new.