Bridgerton: Queen Charlotte's story

Since the old thread on Bridgerton is closed due to age...I just started watching this short (6 episode) series on Netflix, a prequel about the young queen Charlotte & her marriage to Mad King George III. I'm liking it so far, younger versions of Bridgerton characters, lots of eye candy (including the King who's getting naked a lot), and the two guys, the main assistants to the King & Queen, who have an affair going on. I thought it funny that Lady Whistledown, in the opening narration, basically says "This is NOT meant to be historically accurate".   

No kidding, beyond the obvious plot fiction even. She is a 74 year old played by a 52 year old. She died exactly 12 months after the 2nd in line (1st in line considering George IV regency) her granddaughter, died in childbirth, so having herself born 15 offspring and pushing hard her adult children, themselves well into middle age, that following year to marry and procreate an heir, she’d have been quite haggard and worn out, reproductive organs dragging on the palace floor, her job trying to get her kids fucking and producing children having been carried out as much as possible, then plummeting towards death by exhaustion. Haute couture clothing and hair was likely an afterthought in real time. With 3 sons and 1 daughter hitched that year, maybe for those occasions. 

Edited by SirBillybob

• 1 month later...