Flair Airline, WestJet...Any Good?

Lucky

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

A flight schedule I am looking at offers the cheapest fares from the above airlines, but baggage is not included, nor is seat selection. Anyone have any experience with these companies?

I flew WestJet once in 2015, and have a flight booked with them for this August.

My 2015 flight was in Premium Economy (or whatever they called it back then) and included alcoholic beverages.  The flight was pleasant.

My upcoming August 2023 flight is transcontinental in Business Class with lie flat seating.

Sorry my experience does not address no seat assignments or no baggage.

Edited by Vegas777

I've flown WestJet many times.  Never had a problem but also nothing to celebrate either.  I've never found any of the airlines in Canada to be that special, but I heard than one carrier called Wardair, which existed several decades ago, was pretty nice.  Sorry, that last bit of info won't be helpful for your current inquiry... lol.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:15 AM, Lucky said:

A flight schedule I am looking at offers the cheapest fares from the above airlines, but baggage is not included, nor is seat selection. Anyone have any experience with these companies?

I don't have personal experience with Canadian discount airlines, but in general, I feel buying tickets with discount airlines is penny-wise and pound foolish. First of all, you seldom save much if any money. If you want a no-frills experience, most of the bigger airlines do offer "basic economy" tickets in which you don't get seat assignments, carry-on luggage, and so on. I've seen analyses on the tickets, and one is seldom saving much if anything by buying tickets on the airline which appears to have the lower fare. Also, discount airlines tend to have more delays and flight cancellations. Even if a flight gets delayed or cancelled on a major airline, there will be other ways the big airline has to get you where you're going with only a matter of hours' extra. On a small airline, if the flight's cancelled, you're screwed. Most passengers don't seem to have a lot of good things to say about Flair Airlines:

WWW.AIRLINEQUALITY.COM

Read Verified [name] customer reviews, view [name] Photos, check customer ratings and opinions about [name] standards.

"customer service is abysmal"
N Olsen (Canada) 1st May 2023
Trip Verified | Worst possible experience. It's not that the flight was delayed, I get that but it was delayed 7 hours overnight. They would not comp a hotel room, but worst of all I didn't even get any communications that it was delayed. Their customer service is abysmal. First time flying with this carrier. Will never fly with them again. Rather walk.

"They delayed my flight 3 times"
Samir Rafayet (Canada) 30th April 2023
 This is a horrible airline company. Not only do they delay flights by considerable hours last minute, they have the audacity to pretend they care by giving a $10 voucher, as if that helps in any way. They delayed my flight 3 times causing me to having to get a hotel room.

"I will never use Flair again"

E Pearson (Canada) 30th April 2023

Trip Verified | I cleared security, there was no flight posted so first I went on their website using free wifi to speak with an agent. They could not tell me the terminal or gate my flight was leaving on and told me to see a gate agent which I tried to attempt but flair has no agents at the airport. I was traveling with then as the flight was boarding I paid a bunch of roaming to call them to ask which terminal to go to and they said they didn't know. At this point i asked them how do you not know where your own plane is flying out and their customer service was less then helpful. Ended up talking to a Broward County sheriff who got on the radio found out it was terminal 3 then jogged from terminal 1 to terminal 3 to try and get on a flight that should be almost done boarding after a good run then clearing a different security ran through that terminal caught the flight as it was boarding the last few people only because it was delayed and still received snide remarks from the crew. These flights serve nothing of any sustenance and hoping to catch food at the layover in Ottawa I had 30 min to clear customs and reclear security, then run through another terminal to catch a flight. This was a very affordable flight but I will never use Flair again not only could their uninformed customer service have cost me a flight, they offer no help what so ever to their customers.
"They are liars"
K Anderson (Canada) 30th April 2023
Trip Verified | They are liars. Their flight was delayed over 12 hours. In order to go back to work on time, I purchased a last-minute flight ticket which was so pricy. Flair Airlines offered me $150 as a compensation, but they didn't pay at all. It has been already 5 months since then. I emailed them several times, but they keep telling me it would take time. They are just liars.

West Jet doesn't seem to be much better:
WWW.AIRLINEQUALITY.COM

Read Verified [name] customer reviews, view [name] Photos, check customer ratings and opinions about [name] standards.

"No rebook, no assistance at all"
Dominic Ferraina (Canada) 1st May 2023
Trip Verified | As a customer based on the east coast I can tell you buyer beware if you're planning to fly WestJet from the east coast in the winter. They are terrified of having any planes stuck in the east due to weather. As a result, any forecast of inclement weather results in a cancellation. They cancelled the first leg to Toronto 20 hours in advance. No rebook, no assistance at all. I had to book a short notice flight to TO with Porter to continue my vacation plans. I submitted my out of pocket expenses to WJ but of course they denied them as the cancellation was due to "weather" Funny thing is that all other airlines continued to fly and there wasn't a snow flake in the air when we took off for TO but all WJ flights were cancelled. Using WJ in the winter from the east coast is definitely a gamble and if there are any issues, they are useless. AC is significantly better and any other airline for that matter.

"No desire to fly WestJet again"
Christopher Neep (United Kingdom) 1st May 2023
Trip Verified | Awful flight! The economy seats are very, very uncomfortable. The food was dreadful and the range of beverages was very limited. The wine was undrinkable! The flight attendants seemed bored, disinterested, unprofessional and poorly groomed. No desire to fly WestJet again.

Flight attendant charged with being intoxicated after passengers raise  alarm - ABC News