Work From Home and impact on hiring frequency/ practices

cany10011

Saw this article and impact on businesses in Manhattan that traditionally rely on office workers. Have you all returned to offices? I am required to go in once a week if I want to. Most of my friends who work in finance are back 4 days a week now. WFH has allowed me to see my favorites in the afternoon. In the past, I would have to get home, have dinner and play around 9:30 pm. Nowadays i just book late afternoons for fun. Frequency has not really changed about 2-3 times a week, but the costs have gone up ranging between 350 (favorite #2) to 600 (favorite #1) per session. 

NYPICHPDPICT000003227999.jpg?quality=75&
NYPOST.COM

Critics warn that remote work could lead to a revenue shortfall for Manhattan.

Edited by cany10011

3 hours ago, cany10011 said:

Have you all returned to offices?

I work in Las Vegas.  I never worked remotely because I was deemed an essential worker.  Some co-workers were allowed to work 30 hours per week from home but had to be in the office 10 hours per week back in 2020.  Once the vaccine became available in 2021, all remote work ended and we were all required to be in the office 40 hours per week.

As for frequency of hiring, my frequency remained about the same from before the virus was discovered in Wuhan until mid-2022.  My hiring dipped sharply in 2022 as inflation soared.  I went from hiring once every two weeks, to once every two months.  I still hire about once every two days while on holiday, but I have sharply curtailed next year's holiday budget due to rising costs of everything.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982