Web3: Expanding reach beyond traditional Onlyfans platforms.

CalTec

Providers:  Is anyone interested in having an NFT-gated membership site for content and/or session sales built?  If there is any interest, DM me as I'm working on this for a few providers and thought I'd gauge interest.

Briefly, it looks like this

• NFT-gated membership platform, with NFT's paid via traditional CC processor or cryptocurrency, client's choice.
  • NFT's can be associated with anything, from irl sessions to exclusive content ala OF.  This circumvents any trouble with traditional payment processors who can withhold payments to the performer.  With an NFT sale, the performer would have the option to withdraw funds in fiat currency or hold/convert/withdraw a crypto payment into whichever currency they like.
  • NFT's could have limited mints, thereby introducing scarcity and a manageable campaign if they're looking to test this method of rev gen over a larger initial campaign.
  • NFT's could be programmed to reflect royalties on any resale on the secondary market, thereby introducing a passive revenue stream.  This would also introduce game theory based on a client now holding an NFT, looking to resell it or hold it and reap the various benefits for doing both, for the provider and client.
  • Gain global exposure to the crypto-savvy client via managed marketing initiatives or existing regular clients who are looking to support you via CC payment for their NFT.
  • FOR THE CLIENT: CC payments do not reflect any explicit adult-related activities, simply an NFT mint. Crypto payment would be even more anonymous than traditional payment rails.

Feel free to DM me if there is interest and we can go from there. 🥂

C

On 3/18/2023 at 3:54 PM, Calix_V2 said:

Providers:  Is anyone interested in having an NFT-gated membership site for content and/or session sales built?  If there is any interest, DM me as I'm working on this for a few providers and thought I'd gauge interest.

Briefly, it looks like this

• NFT-gated membership platform, with NFT's paid via traditional CC processor or cryptocurrency, client's choice.
  • NFT's can be associated with anything, from irl sessions to exclusive content ala OF.  This circumvents any trouble with traditional payment processors who can withhold payments to the performer.  With an NFT sale, the performer would have the option to withdraw funds in fiat currency or hold/convert/withdraw a crypto payment into whichever currency they like.
  • NFT's could have limited mints, thereby introducing scarcity and a manageable campaign if they're looking to test this method of rev gen over a larger initial campaign.
  • NFT's could be programmed to reflect royalties on any resale on the secondary market, thereby introducing a passive revenue stream.  This would also introduce game theory based on a client now holding an NFT, looking to resell it or hold it and reap the various benefits for doing both, for the provider and client.
  • Gain global exposure to the crypto-savvy client via managed marketing initiatives or existing regular clients who are looking to support you via CC payment for their NFT.
  • FOR THE CLIENT: CC payments do not reflect any explicit adult-related activities, simply an NFT mint. Crypto payment would be even more anonymous than traditional payment rails.

Feel free to DM me if there is interest and we can go from there. 🥂

C

Very, very interesting post. I'm in this industry (web3, crypto, NFTs; not as a provider) and was just off to sleep here but wanted to comment as a bookmark and process your post tomorrow.  At the very least I want to know more about what you're working on for sure. 

Don't bother. 

Good luck getting any investors in a new fintech company. The app era ended less than 2 weeks ago, when SVB closed.

Cryptocurrency is likewise proving to be a bad idea. Despite what libertarian investors think, people do need the hand of a government to keep them on track.

You're going to need a lot of cybersecurity experts to help you. You're not going to find them (I'm one, and there's no way most people can afford me). Even the Silicon Valley layoffs won't help, since many companies ignore internet security. Grindr hired its first cybersecurity expert 4 years ago (I know him), and they still have massive data leaks.

This business idea provides nothing that doesn't already exist, and nothing that a significant number of people would demand.

Edited by DrownedBoy

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 3:52 AM, Markmark said:

I’m curious, how does a public ledger system solve the deposit problem?

The programmability of smart contracts solves the deposit problem.  Creating an escrow SC that is programmed accordingly facilitates deposits, returns or release of funds to the provider/client if certain conditions are (or not) met is how it solves the problem.  A "public ledger system" is a very simplistic way of viewing blockchain and its capabilities.  Similar to referencing "the internet" in a general sense rather than diving into its nuanced capabilities (social media, cloud storage, etc) to solve real world problems.

7 hours ago, CalTec said:

returns or release of funds to the provider/client if certain conditions are (or not) met is how it solves the problem

How could a smart contract validate this when there are two opposing parties to the contract? Wouldn’t you need a 3rd party human observer to make a judgement as to whether services were rendered as agreed? If a human is involved I’m having trouble seeing how a smart contract or permanent ledger is better than a traditional system of escrow.

It seems like ledgers and smart contracts make more sense for computer-verifiable agreements.

Yes and no.  You can create a contract with a "mediator" or can execute on timeouts, etc  The sky is the limit but I understand your perspective.  There are a multitude of ways to make it work, but in all honesty both parties' basic understanding of things like wallet management, etc for decentralized escrow contracts to work is the first step before ever creating a contract for them.  Definitely an uphill battle but humans apparently had the same issues with credit cards and the internet when both of those things came out (I wasn't around to see that struggle!).   Beyond that, good UI/UX and abstracting away the logic of SC's really is the key to this gaining popularity, especially with a simple contract.