Somebody please help me with my underwear.

RockHard
This topic is 6438 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If price isn't an option find a tailor and have them custom made. You will spend quite a bit of time in fittings initially, but once that is done you shouldn't have to worry about it much just call and have him make some more. You should be able to get exactly what you want for many years to come

• 1 month later...

The queen's valet

>If ever piss stains mar their brightness,

>A laundress rinses back their whiteness,

>By hand, as for a wealthy heiress,

>Then airs them on the generous terrace.

If it's Saturday, it must be Sandringham

What really goes on behind the royals' gilded doors? And how would an arch-republican feel about staying overnight in a palace? Jeremy Paxman, in the first of two extracts from his new book, recalls the shock of finding himself in a world of equerries, valets and hand-pressed underwear

...A well-known actor invited to stay at Sandringham recently after a heavy filming schedule which involved a lot of horse-riding discovered that his underpants were in a frightful state. He took them off, rolled them into a ball, climbed on to a chair and hid them on top of the wardrobe. The following evening, he returned to his room to find them washed, ironed and folded...

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,1880372,00.html

>The labels aren’t a prime concern,

>Like trading barbs with Tom Isern.

The tit-for-tat in the Lounge this morning puts me in mind of something Samuel Johnson said:

A fly may sting a stately horse and make him wince; but one is but an insect, and the other is a horse still.

For no particular reason, another of Dr. Johnson's remarks also comes to mind:

A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything.

Archived