411 on Andrew NYC

mace94

• 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Capitano said:

Could be a European thing.

That's very true. Thank you. I did not consider that possibility. Re-reading his ad, I could sense someone from another country speaking. European men do the exact opposite of what American "straight" guys do.

43 minutes ago, d.anders said:

That's very true. Thank you. I did not consider that possibility. Re-reading his ad, I could sense someone from another country speaking. European men do the exact opposite of what American "straight" guys do.

Every time I visit I get surprised by how far their men are willing to go in order to be fashionable. I refuse to wear uncomfortable clothes, period. OK, I refuse to care or spend more than an absolute minimum of time and effort on buying clothes too 😅🤣😆

On 4/18/2024 at 7:16 PM, d.anders said:

LOL. No straight guy is wearing a shirt like this:

shirt.thumb.png.a5d9b39fe43b008c21325e7cd7823aaa.png

or cuffing his pant like this:

pant.thumb.png.eebad75e85b26ddde03078a57d348d7b.png

Anyone care to wager?

It’s European thing. I spent many years in Europe and I was dressed up just like that (like many straight friends of mine). Plus it’s New York thing as well. I don’t claim that he’s straight or not, but this style certainly doesn’t say anything about his sexual orientation. 

On 4/20/2024 at 4:14 PM, Rand said:

Plus it’s New York thing as well.

LOL. None of the straight New Yorkers I know would ever dress like that. I suppose it depends on what you do for a living. Creatives do have more freedom to be metro-sexual, or whatever the woke term is these days.

55 minutes ago, d.anders said:

LOL. None of the straight New Yorkers I know would ever dress like that. I suppose it depends on what you do for a living. Creatives do have more freedom to be metro-sexual, or whatever the woke term is these days.

Even the GAYS in NYC don't dress THAT gay !!

🤣

11 hours ago, d.anders said:

10 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Even the GAYS in NYC don't dress THAT gay !!

🤣

You just probably know only bad dressed straight New Yorkers or the ones with an internal fear of looking “not straight “ 😂

Let’s not homogenize the population and agree that people dress differently regardless of sexual orientation. 

23 minutes ago, Rand said:

You just probably know only bad dressed straight New Yorkers or the ones with an internal fear of looking “not straight “ 😂

LOL. I worked for both Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. Most of my friends are creative people and I am all over the city on a daily basis. I work with lots of very wealthy clients who buy the best of the best. I may not have a lot of gay friends but I live in Greenwich Village so I cross paths daily

This outfit looks like some clueless queen from Milwaukee on his way to the local gay bar for Appletinis.

Dog Vintage GIF

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

LOL. I worked for both Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. Most of my friends are creative people and I am all over the city on a daily basis. I work with lots of very wealthy clients who buy the best of the best. I may not have a lot of gay friends but I live in Greenwich Village so I cross paths daily

This outfit looks like some clueless queen from Milwaukee on his way to the local gay bar for Appletinis.

Dog Vintage GIF

Say what you will but I've seen very similar shirts in Mens Wearhouse.  Irregardless of sexual orientation, I think the shirt looks good on Alex and he pulls off the look with a pair of jeans.  Although not my taste, I can say that it's not a bad look on the right guy.  We are all entitled to our individual preferences in clothes as in everything else.

8 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Is that your idea of a fashionable store ??? 🤔 To a New Yorker that's pretty much the epitome of lower middle class bad taste

That's not a nice comment directed at me.  In fact, quite insulting.  I shop in many different places and prefer to buy when on sale.  I've gotten some nice sweaters at Mens Wearhouse (Joseph Aboud) that I enjoy wearing.