Probably a stupid question, but here it is...

CuriousByNature

If a person is having a Nuru massage, isn't that basically the same as frottage?  Would both people be unclothed and face to face?  If that is the case - and here's maybe the stupidest question so far - what are they doing with their faces?  I would think that such a level of connection could lead to kissing, unless the participants are expected to look away from each other.  I know that YMMV, but wouldn't Nuru probably end with some sort of release?  Is the person being massaged that way supposed to just lie there with their hands at their sides and their face turned away?   I'm probably overthinking this... but if I ever try Nuru it would be nice to have an idea of what would be appropriate behaviour. 

I had a massage from a therapist in NYC who did this. He started with a relatively standard massage with me on my stomach. He then oiled himself and sort of slid his body around my back. It was interesting and then he had me flip over and did the same. Now in this configuration it was less comfortable as he at time slid over my hips and it hurt slightly. So this dampened the erotic factor. It then ended with an HE and then a shower together. We didn’t make out.  I wasn’t really enthralled with the treatment so I have never sought out nuru since then. But I have no idea if this is a true representation of the technique. 

8 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

If a person is having a Nuru massage, isn't that basically the same as frottage?  Would both people be unclothed and face to face?  If that is the case - and here's maybe the stupidest question so far - what are they doing with their faces?  I would think that such a level of connection could lead to kissing, unless the participants are expected to look away from each other.  I know that YMMV, but wouldn't Nuru probably end with some sort of release?  Is the person being massaged that way supposed to just lie there with their hands at their sides and their face turned away?   I'm probably overthinking this... but if I ever try Nuru it would be nice to have an idea of what would be appropriate behaviour. 

Nuru & frottage are similar, but not exactly the same. Frottage is simply rubbing dicks, where as a Nuru style massage involves the entire body. As for what they're doing with their faces, in my experiences with Nuru massages, it's always been kissing. It's kinda weird to just stare into someone's face while they're oiled up and grinding against you.

I say go for it, and if you need a Nuru provider here in NYC, I can recommend one.

You wouldn’t use normal massage oil with a Nuru, it’s kind of not slippery enough. You use a powder that you mix up. It’s extremely slippery. 

I watched a masseuse give a Nuru massage to a guy at a sex party I was working at one time (massage themed party, I was there to help attendees with sensual massage). It was fascinating to watch her slide over him, she was very athletic and supple. Most of the time he was laying prone but did turn over part way through. It seemed to me that she got more enjoyment from it than he did. 

1 hour ago, Jamie21 said:

You wouldn’t use normal massage oil with a Nuru, it’s kind of not slippery enough. You use a powder that you mix up. It’s extremely slippery. 

I watched a masseuse give a Nuru massage to a guy at a sex party I was working at one time (massage themed party, I was there to help attendees with sensual massage). It was fascinating to watch her slide over him, she was very athletic and supple. Most of the time he was laying prone but did turn over part way through. It seemed to me that she got more enjoyment from it than he did. 

I don’t know @Jamie21…the slip and slide always sounds like a fun idea, until I actually try it!  The operative phrase is “consenting adults with insurance”! 🤭72440EB5-D94C-4E11-B29A-B73891269E87.gif.a653a69e690b33fa795e7ec12bc5e8b1.gif

2 hours ago, FrankR said:

I don’t know @Jamie21…the slip and slide always sounds like a fun idea, until I actually try it!  The operative phrase is “consenting adults with insurance”! 🤭72440EB5-D94C-4E11-B29A-B73891269E87.gif.a653a69e690b33fa795e7ec12bc5e8b1.gif

I did think once or twice during energetic sections that she was going to slip off completely and end up in a heap at the end of the bed. Didn’t happen unfortunately, would have been hilarious. 

7 hours ago, RBENJI said:

in my experiences with Nuru massages, it's always been kissing.

Well....ok. But then you're not just getting a massage at that point .

Nuru is an erotic form of body to body gliding and touching but it does NOT include kissing.

If your provider wants to add making out you've crossed into more than massage work.

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Well....ok. But then you're not just getting a massage at that point .

Nuru is an erotic form of body to body gliding and touching but it does NOT include kissing.

If your provider wants to add making out you've crossed into more than massage work.

Perhaps it doesn’t include kissing for YOU, and that’s fine. But you don’t make the rules of Nuru massages so it’s not for you to say what it does or doesn’t include.

Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

1 hour ago, RBENJI said:

Perhaps it doesn’t include kissing for YOU, and that’s fine. But you don’t make the rules of Nuru massages so it’s not for you to say what it does or doesn’t include.

Who says I'm making a rule ?

If I say water is wet and the sky is blue, am I "making the rules" ?
A nuru massage is just that: A massage.

No "massage" includes making out.

That does NOT prevent a provider from including it in his own repertoire.

But it DOES lie outside the definition of the term.