Richard Gasque in New Zealand

WilliamM

5 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Amazing come from behind championship my favorite country

In his mid 30s and first championship in four years 

Gasque and Franc are probably still celebrating

It's Gasquet, but which is your favorite country, France or New Zealand? It was actually a pretty close match all the way from beginning to end (I watched the whole thing).

Edited by Charlie

19 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Thanks one lens is gone from my glasses. Will stop posting

That would explain a lot of recent typos and confusing posts. I hope you can get the lens fixed quickly, because there will probably be lots to comment on at the Aussie Open.

Congratulations to Richie!  It must feel great to win his first title in 4.5 years (2018 's-Hetogenbosch).  Gasquet hung in there & fought off fatigue 'til he got a 2nd wind.  He also put in some really strong 2nd serves on critical points, even though he's really not known for his serve.  This is Richie's 16th ATP title, all 250s.

Gotta feel bad for Cam Norrie.  Yes, Gasquet played well, but Norrie also choked.  Apparently it meant a lot to him to win in his home country.  Norrie plays for Britain and lives in London now, but he grew up in NZ.

I have to mention Soonwoo Kwon's win in Adelaide because it's so rare that a lucky loser wins a tournament.  If a player in the main draw withdraws last minute, the lucky loser (usually the highest-ranked player to lose in the final round of qualifying) gets his spot in the draw.  The last LL to win a tournament was Marco Cecchinato in Budapest, April 2018.

Edited by BSR
Typo