Spoiler Alert

jeezopete

This actually looks really good. I love Jim Parsons and Sally Field, so I'll probably hit the theater when it opens. Can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater.

Just found out this about the movie:

Spoiler Alert is an upcoming American biographical romantic drama film directed by Michael Showalter, from a screenplay written by David Marshall Grant and Dan Savage, based on the memoir Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies by Michael Ausiello. The film stars Jim Parsons as Ausiello, along with Ben Aldridge and Sally Field.

The film is scheduled to be released by Focus Features on December 2, 2022.

Edited by jeezopete
Additional information

50 minutes ago, samhexum said:

I feel the same way about his sister Estelle.

I don't believe this comment. Estelle =  great actress. I saw her in 1968 in an original Tennessee Williams play.

And she Co started in a not very successful musical with the legendary Ethel Merman concerning  a take off on Grace Kelly's wedding in Monaco. The musical was "Happy Hunting" If she wasn't great Merman would have fired her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, jeezopete said:

This actually looks really good. I love Jim Parsons and Sally Field, so I'll probably hit the theater when it opens. Can't remember the last movie I saw in a theater.

Just found out this about the movie:

Spoiler Alert is an upcoming American biographical romantic drama film directed by Michael Showalter, from a screenplay written by David Marshall Grant and Dan Savage, based on the memoir Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies by Michael Ausiello. The film stars Jim Parsons as Ausiello, along with Ben Aldridge and Sally Field.

The film is scheduled to be released by Focus Features on December 2, 2022.

I'm all verklempt watching the trailer from just finishing the memoir.  It was a pretty tearful read.

Those two seem perfect as Mike and Kit.  I like Jim Parsons.

Not sure if I want to sit through the same sad story though.   Kind of like Holding the Man.  A good play, but so sad  I skipped the movie.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks @samhexum for the heads up on Peacock.  Happy I didn't have to pay to see this in the theater. Watched this over the weekend, (fast forwarded through some sections) definitely a sad tear jerker ending.  I would have preferred a different actor than Jim Parson's for Sebastian's role.  

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2023 at 1:43 AM, TonyDown said:

I'm all verklempt watching the trailer from just finishing the memoir.  It was a pretty tearful read.

Those two seem perfect as Mike and Kit.  I like Jim Parsons.

Not sure if I want to sit through the same sad story though.   Kind of like Holding the Man.  A good play, but so sad  I skipped the movie.  

I did finally see it.

I liked it the same way as Bros.   Some of it I liked a lot.

But yeah, the memoir is such a good read, a tough act to follow.