House of Dragons, HBOMAX

EVdude

On 9/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, EVdude said:

Notable that there are zero mentions of the Game of Thrones prequel now running weekly. It’s dreadful IMHO. Couldn’t get though episode 6. I’m done.

It’s on my list but I havent gotten around to it…Appreciate the heads-up! 

Game of Thrones had a characters that revelled in debauchery. The men were fit and aggressively sexual, while the women were conniving and unafraid to play sex games to control powerful men.  In the original, when a character went to a brothel, there were extras actively fucking and asses and cocks on full display.  In this version, the men are not nearly as sexually tempting. One of the two male characters who showed interest in other men was beaten to death a few scenes after he was introduced.  The male character who has taken a pledge of celibacy gave up that pledge one episode or so after it was made known but has been angst ridden since, rather than the original's Jon Snow who was angst ridden about giving up his pledge until he did and afterwards cold not keep his sword in its sheath.  And the behavior in the brothels is more child care like than adult dens of iniquity.  I am still hoping Ser Criston, the previously mentioned angst ridden lapsed virgin and for me the one male character I find attractive, to have an orgy with all manner of male and female body parts writhing over his fit body.  But he seems too earnest to do that.   

So I will continue to watch in hopes it gets better, but like the present occupant of the Iron Throne, I think for me, the show will be dead after one season.  

Edited by purplekow

I watched the first episode of this series on streaming and found the initial brothel scene appeared like they were shooting through a fog machine.  I couldn't even make out who the characters were.  I re-watched that part on another TV, also streaming, it was also obscured, despite my best efforts to adjust TV settings.  I then watched the entire episode again through my cable box when it was rebroadcast - it was as clear as could be.  Just a personal observation, but I've only noticed that difference on this show, since I often watch shows on one or the other, depending on my schedule.