A highly recommended, sexy play in Los Angeles

Very loosely based on E. M. Forester's Howard's End, The Inheritance is a moving, sexy drama now playing in the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles. It will have you at the edge of your seat. The play is also full of eye candy for gay men:

The Inheritance Press Photos

There are even two nude scenes, featuring the man who's lying down in the above photo (Juan Castano), and the black man (Nic Ashe). 😍

Juan Castano Shirtless, Gay or Straight, Boyfriend, Girlfriend

Nicholas L. Ashe - Mom, Father, Wiki, Height, Age, Parents

Juan Castano (born March 16, 1989) is a Colombian-American actor, Model, Theatre Play Artist, and Television Personality from Colombia. Interestingly, he was in Broadway and joined New York Theater Production. Juan honored with Drama Desk Sam Norkin Award and Lucille Lortel Award (Best Actor in a Play).

Nicholas Ashe is an American actor who appeared mostly on stage and TV, before getting his big break, with a little help from Oprah. Born on May 1, 1995, Ashe began acting when he was a teenager, earning his first role in an episode of the final season of "Are We There Yet?"

Edited by Unicorn

Gosh. Too bad they can't get plays like that in New York....oh, wait!

The Geffen production of Mathew Lopez' play did originate in New York. Well, London to be more specific. But I saw it in New York. I liked it too.

I see that at the Geffen the audience had to mask up.

Edited by Lucky

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Gosh. Too bad they can't get plays like that in New York....oh, wait!

The Geffen production of Mathew Lopez' play did originate in New York. Well, London to be more specific. But I saw it in New York. I liked it too.

I see that at the Geffen the audience had to mask up.

Yes, London, New York! (Or did you mean Lynden, New York?) 😄 Yes, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer has definitely been the most stubborn public health official by far in the entire USA, unfortunately. 🙄 Still insisting on masking in schools under some situations, too (unlike anywhere else and despite clear evidence from studies showing it's completely ineffective in schools), which is not what the CDC recommends.

https://www.dailynews.com/2022/09/08/ferrer-doubles-down-on-indoor-mask-mandate-for-those-near-covid-positive-people/

"Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer on Thursday, Sept. 8, doubled down on her position that students and staff on school campuses must wear a mask indoors for 10 days if they’ve been in close contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus, despite increasing pressure to drop the mandate. The latest pressure comes from a group of superintendents representing about two dozen school districts across the county. Earlier this week they sent a letter to the county Department of Public Health and the Board of Supervisors, urging officials to remove the mask-wearing rule for students and staff who are close contacts of a COVID-positive person, but show no symptoms..."

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this play (both parts) three times in NY, and had a ticket to the closing pair...which was cancelled when the Pandemic started three days before. (Remember when we thought it would be only a couple weeks/a month maybe?) I found it moving and sexy and a strong overview of the era of my life. I shared it with both some older folks who'd mentored me, and some young folks to better know where I am coming from. Tempted to go see in LA, but my schedule this Fall is rough. 

• 1 month later...

I did see The Inheritance, Part One, today at the Geffen Playhouse. Nic Ashe injured himself two weeks into the run and was replaced by Bradley James Tejada as Adam/Leo. He had multiple scenes, including a fully nude one, and he just sizzled as an actor. He did a narration of sex activity that he had had in a Prague bathhouse and it was just genius.

Overall, I liked the entire cast, but felt that some of the actors were just a tad inferior to their New York counterparts. The show is a moving tale of gay life and gay individuals. I think it only runs another week.

Bradley James Tejada

bradley_james_tejada_-_photo_by_jeffrey_