Big Brother 24

Mercury

Wondering if there are any Big Brother fans out there who are keeping up with this current season? Wondering what your thoughts are about the current season, houseguests and game play? I had a really good feeling about this cast as the season began, and as usual, lots of controversy is rearing it’s ugly head mid season. 

I follow the show and keep abreast of what's happening in the house. Watch sporadically (usually eviction night) and read the Reddit sub-reddit  devoted to the show and the people who watch the feeds. Lots of drama this year and obsessed fans are enjoying it a lot. These junkies watch the 24 hour live feeds and know every detail. This Thursday may be really interesting according to them, will Kyle be a replacement nominee?? His sneaky game play is being called out. This falls into the "guilty pleasure" category for me. 

A lot went down on Sunday with a house meeting to address the racist comments and micro aggressions Kyle has been demonstrating. The sad thing is, I think he’s naive and sheltered…and has no idea how he is coming across. He will have a rude awakening when he exits the house. On Monday, I’ve read from feeders that he was processing the aftermath of the house meeting where he basically accepted accountability for his actions. He tried to self evict in the DR and they had to call a therapist to talk him down. Sounds like he was in there for a few hours very upset, and most likely counseled by production on how to handle any next steps in the game and outside the house. I’m hoping that CBS gives a true edit of the events that transpired, which they haven’t been doing. 

It amazes me that these players come into the house after watching previous seasons and seeing the controversies that arose, and they STILL don't think about how their own words and actions, which are being observed almost 24/7, will be documented, repeated, and analyzed. Daniel came in as a self proclaimed superfan and yet he acted like a total jerk, and thought he was playing a great game. Nicole was confident she and Daniel were doing everything right, yet their behavior was so wrong. I agree with Mercury that Kyle appears to be naive and sheltered, but at his age Kyle should have more self awareness with cameras and microphones everywhere he goes.

22 hours ago, RyanDean said:

Ah yes, Joseph... the last-minute substitute cast member who ended up serving the most yummy eye-candy while stealthily revealing a shocking level of kindness, intelligence and integrity. 

Wanted him to be in the final two against Michael or Taylor...

I don’t know what or how things transpired in the Dyre Fest backyard week outside, but I am annoyed on how Joseph was treated as well as the lies they spread about him when they reunited in the house. Talk about someone who has a gentle and caring soul, just to be trashed by 4 idiots. I’m glad that the Brochella houseguests are realizing things don’t add up. 

and to top it off, supposedly the 2 evicted houseguests were originally allowed to say goodbye to all the houseguests, there was a last minute change because production didn’t want Joseph to blow up Kyle’s game by telling everyone that Kyle spilled the beans about the leftovers alliance. I’m glad Kyle is going home Thursday. Let me change the to “should” be leaving the house on Thursday, because, Expect the Unexpected. 

As far as Joseph is concerned, I believe he packed way too many shirts for this show.  One tight fitting muscle tee shirt would have been more than enough.  

Kyle did leave as expected and while I agree that he should have left, bringing up the possibility of a race based alliance was not out of left field after last year's alliance which was exactly that.  However, with no real evidence that such an alliance existed, he should have kept his thoughts to himself.  I found him annoying and self important and a user but I did not see him as a racist.  It does seem that the rest of the houseguests did not see him as a racist either.  His reception from the audience after he left the house was very cold and I would imagine he will face repercussions in the real world once he leaves the show.  I do not think he will be returning for an All Star version.  Hopefully Joseph will be.  

3 hours ago, purplekow said:

As far as Joseph is concerned, I believe he packed way too many shirts for this show.  One tight fitting muscle tee shirt would have been more than enough.  

Kyle did leave as expected and while I agree that he should have left, bringing up the possibility of a race based alliance was not out of left field after last year's alliance which was exactly that.  However, with no real evidence that such an alliance existed, he should have kept his thoughts to himself.  I found him annoying and self important and a user but I did not see him as a racist.  It does seem that the rest of the houseguests did not see him as a racist either.  His reception from the audience after he left the house was very cold and I would imagine he will face repercussions in the real world once he leaves the show.  I do not think he will be returning for an All Star version.  Hopefully Joseph will be.  

I agree that Kyle was naive and didn’t have any ill intentions when thinking about forming another alliance with the non POC houseguests. I also think his paranoia got the best of him and he went down a rabbit hole by overplaying. From the beginning, I did find him to be annoying, goofball and immature. What I didn’t realize is that he has minimal life experiences for a 29yo. 

In my opinion, he got lucky with the tv edits he got from the events of this week. There was a lot more said and done that the casual viewers didn’t see. The live feeds were inconsistent this week and my guess it was to protect Kyle. The audience was quiet and had a cold reception. Not sure if that is worse than being boo’ed….I think he was prepared for it. I know he was meeting with production and a therapist this week who helped him navigate the houseguests and any potential backlash outside the house. Needless to say, I look forward to his post interviews before heading to the jury house. He got what he deserved especially after the way he treated Joseph during Dyre Fest. 

now I can’t wait for Terrance and Turner to get evicted.