Midwest Nude Gay Campgrounds

As a frequent visitor of gay campgrounds in the midwest would be happy to answer any questions or give you any insights.  It's surprising but some of the larger campgrounds are in Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, and Indiana.  All but one is men only and all clothing optional and offer a wide range of facilities so there's something for everyone.  A good starting resource is a youtube channel I found where a couple visits and ranks all the campgrounds and can provide some useful information.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FullTimeGays

56 minutes ago, poolboy48220 said:

What gay clothing-optional campgrounds are in Michigan?  I've always been curious to try this.

There are three that I know of:

Creekridge Campground (CRC) north of Jackson.  On the smaller side but a very friendly place mostly seasonal RVs but they have a cabin, bunk house, a rental RV and some tent sites.  Nice new pool snd bathroom facilities, big dance hall with great lights and video screens.  Across a small stream/river they have a large hiking area with a couple of play areas and a clay pit which is pretty unique.  They actually require orientation before using it and technically it's not owned by the camp just a couple that are seasonals.  No onsite food but it's close to town and they occasionally have pot lucks.

Campit just south of Sugatuck/Douglas.  Huge campground but have never been but had friends go there and one was a seasonal when he lived in Chicago.  It is mix gender though which may be a turn off to some.

Camp Boomerange outside of Grand Rapids near Ionia.  Brand new but growing.  They're still adding facilities so no pool or rooms and is more an RV/tenting camp.  They caused a big stir in the camping community when the owners stated only CIS men were welcomed no trans men.  They later issued a statement saying after being educated they realized they were wrong so points for that.

The FullTimeGays reviewed all three so it's worth a look to get more insight.  All are clothing optional on the grounds.  I've only been to CRC but really enjoy it and have seen it go from its first year to more recent after they added the pool and updated the bathroom facilities.  Highly recommend going.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, Pd1_jap said:

I was raised in Michigan and this is news to me. I never would have thought. 

Surely you heard about Saugatuck? It's been known for its LGBTQ community for more than 100 years. It has long been a major travel destination for LGBTQ travelers.

However, it doesn't have clothing-optional resorts or campgrounds as far as I know. But there's at least one "gay" nude beach in the area.