Gender fluid in bathhouses

Alfstoria

For me is not about old fashion but a  fluid  gender in bathhouses is just crazy. 

i don’t do bathhouses anymore since I hit certain age and i was most interested in a type of guy that doesn’t hangout in a bathhouses and if they show up they won’t be interested in my body/age typ

but now the only bathhouse in Amsterdam is accepting all genders. Shouldn’t they have a different space? Or I am being overreacting?  That bathhouse was really hardcore male sex so now it will be gone :(

E716CEC8-2A40-4EFD-88F1-4F4223B70B15.jpeg

Edited by Alfstoria

That posting does sound like a specific event.  I assume if it's successful, they would repeat it.  I'm not sure what the problem is unless the schedule becomes so unpredictable that customers stop patronizing the club because they never know what that night's event will be.  In other words, if a guy only wants to show up on a male only night it makes sense for that to be a predictable night.  I assume others won't mind attending mixed gender nights even if they aren't bisexual.  I never went to San Francisco's Power Exchange sex club, but from what I heard there was a male only floor, a mixed gender floor, and a female only floor, offering patrons the ability to check out different scenes.  I think they were quite successful with that model, though they did ultimately close for some reason.

Interesting.  Not my thing but would be curious to know if many female customers actually show up and what their expectations might be.   Like @Alfstoria I have really scaled back going to baths as I have gotten older.  I don’t think I now need to be rejected by male customers and snickered at by female customers! 

I read this not so much as mixed gender but rather an event that was inclusive of people who are non-binary and gender-fluid (so it's talking about gender identity not sexuality). (But remaining open to cis and trans men and women who are same- or opposite-sex attracted or bi.)

So all gender identities and sexual orientations, as it says on the can.

I do think this is a trend in GBTQ etc etc spaces of all kinds (can't speak to the L part, as that's fraught for a lot of reasons, and not my wheelhouse).  The promoter of the monthly naturist event FCGN in NYC is clear in promotion that all bodies and expressions are welcome and safe there. Now it's a social, not sexual, event which of course matters, but it's fundamentally pitched at gay/bi men. When I have gone it's been mostly cis/homo, but there have been a few women, transfolk and various gender expressions in attendance (and naked). I've also been to sex events where transmen were present (discreetly, wearing shorts of some kind, and not active in the play), and have received notices of other sex parties that make it clear that gender variance is respected.

As an older GM, I think maybe some of us get cranky because what we want no longer wants us very much. Fair enough. But I'm mindful not to project that on younger people, who have a very different life experience and worldview, which includes a broadening view of sex and gender.