Taboo - party for owner Jerry on July 3rd

I was wondering what the party on July 3 was for. Did a google translate on "d'anniversaire" and found that means birthday.  This party on July 17 is apparently for his 10 anniversary  as proprietor of Taboo.  It's been 10 years since he rescued Taboo after it was run into the ground and closed due to that horrible American owner.

9 hours ago, jerryskater said:

I was wondering what the party on July 3 was for. Did a google translate on "d'anniversaire" and found that means birthday.  This party on July 17 is apparently for his 10 anniversary  as proprietor of Taboo.  It's been 10 years since he rescued Taboo after it was run into the ground and closed due to that horrible American owner.

That was my first reaction (birthday party)...but many (most?) local guys in Montreal refer to their birthdays as "ma fête" rather than the continental French "mon anniversaire".  Perhaps @SirBillybob or @Luv2play can comment.  Is it a question of less/more formal language used in conversation vs. on a printed announcement?  a regional thing within Quebec (some of these "ma fête" guys are dancers from the boonies)? an indicator of social class?  Inquiring minds want to know....

I took it to be a birthday party for the owner. Fete means holiday based on feast which is associated with holy holidays.

I learned my French in the classical tradition, not as "comme on parle" as it is taught in Québec today. In conversation I would try to assess the context if the term came up. The invitation said it was for Jerry, not the club under his ownership, which led me to think it was his birthday. 

• 2 weeks later...