Weekend Rates

Storm4U

A lot of variables go into that equation (traveling to somewhere you've always wanted to go, bringing in others you'd like to meet, do you have a natural rapport with the client or is he high maintenance...) but a good starting place is what you'd make on those days if you weren't to do the trip then adjust up or down based on those other factors.

Kevin Slater

On 6/17/2022 at 5:47 PM, Kevin Slater said:

A lot of variables go into that equation (traveling to somewhere you've always wanted to go, bringing in others you'd like to meet, do you have a natural rapport with the client or is he high maintenance...) but a good starting place is what you'd make on those days if you weren't to do the trip then adjust up or down based on those other factors.

Kevin Slater

Thanx! This is helpful. I’ll be flying in to a so-so location, but the client is low maintenance, so…I’ll think of a fair rate.

Edited by Storm4U

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up to other masseurs and providers who are traveling by plane right now. If a client is flying you in, I highly recommend that you ask your client to book direct flights as opposed to connecting flights. I just got back  from a weekend trip and almost every flight is delayed by several hours right now. 

Edited by Storm4U

On 8/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, Storm4U said:

Just a heads up to other masseurs and providers who are traveling by plane right now. If a client is flying you in, I highly recommend that you ask your client to book direct flights as opposed to connecting flights. I just got back  from a weekend trip and almost every flight is delayed by several hours right now. 

Exactly, my experience as well. It couldn't be helped at the time when I booked for the provider. The airline wasn't offering any direct flights so he had to get a return with a layover. It was delayed hours. He was supposed to be home by 6pm. He got back by 2am and almost missed work.

Recently something similar happened to a friend on American.

3 hours ago, big-n-tall said:

Exactly, my experience as well. It couldn't be helped at the time when I booked for the provider. The airline wasn't offering any direct flights so he had to get a return with a layover. It was delayed hours. He was supposed to be home by 6pm. He got back by 2am and almost missed work.

Recently something similar happened to a friend on American.

Yes! It’s happening on pretty much every airline. I was supposed to be home by 6:00 pm but didn’t get home until midnight. At one point I thought I might get stuck in Chicago because the first flight was so delayed I thought I might miss the connecting flight, but the connecting flight was significantly delayed as well.