Escape Rooms

jeezifonly

A former thread on this topic has expired.

I’ve been curious about escape rooms, and have only seen them portrayed in scripted shows with fictional characters. I know no one personally who’s been to one, which is kinda weird given how long they’ve been around. 

Have you done one, and would you repeat?
Have you been to more than one and have comparisons?

I know people recommend gathering some friends for your team. Thoughts?

Is there an ideal number? Should I avoid inviting dimwits, or does that add to the fun?

Would you say it takes about as long as watching a movie? 

You’re an entertaining bunch - looking forward to hearing what you know! 😘🔍

At least three, four is better. 
One per son needs to be in charge and recall tasks that need to be complete. 
There should be two areas: one for stuff that looks promising but hasn’t been used yet, and  another for used items. Side note: tools are rarely used more than once. 

Every time a new tool or clue is found, it should be shouted out so that every body hears it. “I found a lock!” “I have a key!”

Oh, the person in charge doesn’t look for tools or clues. 

I love them and have traveled the US doing them. I’ve done over 100 rooms and only haven’t gotten out twice. One room was so poorly designed and the technology broke so bad that I had to leave in disgust. Lol  

My ex husband and I used to pay a premium to be the only ones in the room because we had gotten stuck with some families, or stoners, or people that played casually that made it not fun for us. 

I highly recommend giving it a try I happen to love them. 

3 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I love them and have traveled the US doing them. I’ve done over 100 rooms and only haven’t gotten out twice. One room was so poorly designed and the technology broke so bad that I had to leave in disgust. Lol  

My ex husband and I used to pay a premium to be the only ones in the room because we had gotten stuck with some families, or stoners, or people that played casually that made it not fun for us. 

I highly recommend giving it a try I happen to love them. 

Los Angeles area recommendations for noobs?

They have one in the mall by me. A coworker said it's fun. And they have like 5 or 6 different rooms for different age levels. Been wanting to go eventually but covid had it on the backburner. Also they are rerunning on NBC this Thursday night a Celebrity Escape Room special that originally aired last year. It was pretty funny so check it out if you missed it.