All The Old Knives on Amazon Prime

Lucky

All The Old Knives is the movie version of an Olen Steinhauer novel of 2015 about a terrorist incident on a plane. The question is who tipped off the terrorists as to what was being planned by the authorities. I read the novel then, and reread it last week once I heard that they were making a movie of it starring Chris Pine. And tonight I watched the movie.

Oh is it slow! Chris looks good though, even when aged to look older. It seems like it is really his butt shown, but they are good at faking that I hear.

The movie has dramatic music and lots of flashbacks. There is beautiful scenery. And, ultimately, it is worth watching for the way the story turns.

Definitely felt Chris' butt was the best thing about the movie. Film almost felt like a play with endless intimate scenes filled with dialogue. Felt it was just okay. For that kind of intensity I would have preferred stronger actors to make it more compelling. Didn't really care about any of the characters except, again, for Chris' butt 😜.