Daylight Saving Quirk

mike carey
This topic is 748 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Right now I'm half way through the hour that happens twice at this time of year. It's about 2.30am the first time today. Daylight saving ends in 30 minutes so it will be 2.30am again in an hour.

When it passed 2am things that had been posted in the minutes before 2am showed up as being an hour ago, as if the computer thought that we were now at the second 2am+ of the day. When, a few minutes later, there were posts from after 2am it could again cope and showed them as x minutes ago. I have no idea whether it is the site, my computer or just the internet, and in reality it doesn't matter. It's not a problem, just a phenomenon that I observed, a quirk of the 'system'.

Ramadan mubarak, everyone.

45 minutes ago, mike carey said:

Right now I'm half way through the hour that happens twice at this time of year. It's about 2.30am the first time today. Daylight saving ends in 30 minutes so it will be 2.30am again in an hour.

When it passed 2am things that had been posted in the minutes before 2am showed up as being an hour ago, as if the computer thought that we were now at the second 2am+ of the day. When, a few minutes later, there were posts from after 2am it could again cope and showed them as x minutes ago. I have no idea whether it is the site, my computer or just the internet, and in reality it doesn't matter. It's not a problem, just a phenomenon that I observed, a quirk of the 'system'.

Ramadan mubarak, everyone.

Thank you for making my head spin! lol

spacer.png