How do I change display?

sniper
This topic is 795 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

11 minutes ago, sniper said:

I seem to have accidentally changed my display to white text on a black background and don't see how to change it back.

"Simply scroll to the bottom of any page in the site.  At the very bottom in the footer (to the left of our Privacy Policy) is a Theme option.  Click on it and then choose either Normal or Dark Mode. "

12 hours ago, sniper said:

I seem to have accidentally changed my display to white text on a black background and don't see how to change it back.

And you didn't do anything, as mentioned in a different thread the default pattern was changed in memoriam for Daddy to mark the anniversary of his passing. It has been changed again (on Sunday), this time to the new default design, as you will have discovered by now. The option to change your display back to the old default design is available using the Theme option at the bottom of the page.

Is that what happened? I thought it was me being a klutz again.

Not being all that savvy around computers I panic a bit when these things happen to me. I get so used to the familiar and I hate changes. I did get back to the legacy look, I think its called. Like being on home turf. So happy.

It's Sunday and 2:43 PDST in "The Golden State."  All I can say is hallelujah!. I can once again embrace the background of this site. When I explored it (briefly) and wrote a post in "The Deli," yesterday-- my heart sank.  I kept thinking about how I would navigate in the future in "the dark" so to speak.

Yesterday's format has been addressed/answered, and I thank the providers.  Continue to keep up the stellar work.

A while ago I changed everything to dark mode on my computer and also my iphone. This viewing mode is healthier for you and creates less stress on your eyes. I believe it also reduces insomnia that the light (blue) from the white mode can cause especially if are viewing close to bedtime. I have gotten used to the dark mode and now when I open a webpage that does not have this capability, it hurts my eyes for a few seconds if the previous website was in dark mode. So give it a try, I trust you will like it much more.