Sudden ghosting

Rick M
This topic is 858 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What do you think this means? I made an appointment in advance with a touring provider. Two weeks before our scheduled meeting, he changes (pushes back) the dates on RM. I write him asking if we need to reschedule. No response. I know he received one of my pleas because the message is marked "read." There's still a week remaining, but if he wants to cancel, why doesn't he come out and say so?

several possibilities, of course, ranging from very good to very bad......

-he's so busy with stuff now that he hasn't caught up with stuff a week or two away?

-waiting to hear from that big spender who is sorta interested?

-the city you're in isn't panning out with many client inquiries and he's waiting to see how it develops?

-sick with covid

-girlfriend/boyfriend troubles ("I don't want you traveling")

-(fill in the blank) 

5 hours ago, Rick M said:

He finally contacted me. He's having too good a time in another city. Very well, but don't expect me to rebook you!

I would cut the guy some slack. It’s not you particularly but your city that is not so appealing to him under the current circumstances.

If you were having a great time at a party, would you want to leave early?

18 hours ago, Rick M said:

What do you think this means? I made an appointment in advance with a touring provider. Two weeks before our scheduled meeting, he changes (pushes back) the dates on RM. I write him asking if we need to reschedule. No response. I know he received one of my pleas because the message is marked "read." There's still a week remaining, but if he wants to cancel, why doesn't he come out and say so?

IDK… speaking for myself:  the past few weeks have been complicated~ I went visiting in one state and three of my appointments all got covid~ Two of my others rescheduled until after covid settles down~

I dropped medical supplies off at two of the guys houses that were sick and that all changed my schedule~

Then I had a Client with an emergency up in another state… I drove up there and then ended up helping him out for a few days~ 

Then I got called in for my part time gig at Virginia Mason cancer clinic in seattle~ 
 While there I had all my STI’s run~ 

Rather than make the trip back to the other state, I decided to wait until covid settles down~ 

I had some tentative appointments but, nothing written in stone~ With my regulars having similar changes in their schedules, that’s changed my availability for new inquiries~ 

That’s how it’s been for me anyways~ 

Now people are moving into their tax seasons… So, that’s been a factor in peoples scheduling~ 

There’s been a lot of “go with the flow”~ 

Maybe others are having similar things going on~  

For me personally, I chat with people on the site but, once we have chatted there, I move the communication to our phones~ 

It’s more efficient and easier to respond. Sometimes, communication gets over looked or lost on RM~ Communication was easier to organize prior to the switch over to IM on that site~ It’s very limiting and cumbersome~ 

Tyger, you sound like the model kind-hearted social worker!

I move conversations to phone text or similar immediate means as soon as I can. In this case, the provider went silent, changed the dates on his RM page, and left me in limbo for a week. A simple "I have to reschedule" would have been polite and reassuring.