Can a Gay Cruise Keep 4,700 People Safe Amid Covid? (NYT article, your thoughts?)

glutes
This topic is 813 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Statistically, there WILL be cases, and the environment is such that widespread transmission is likely.  But the cruise skews to an age demographic where even unvaccinated the fatality/complication rate is low, and they are all vaccinated.  It's unlikely there will be any serious cases among the passengers.  ODs are more likely.

I have two friends I know of who are on this cruise.  I think one of them is gearing up to launch an OnlyFans...

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what you mean by safe. The recent statistics posted by the CDC indicates that deaths and serious illness among the triple-vaxxed is virtually non-existent. However, I wouldn't be extraordinarily surprised if a number of people "test positive" if that's required before the ship docks back in port. Unsure what would happen in that case. Over 99.9% of Covid-19 cases in the US are now omicron variant. This variant carries essentially no health risks to the triple vaxxed, but there are risks public policy-wise.