STATION ELEVEN

This topic is 835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I binged it 2X 4 hours at a time and generally like it a lot in spite of the  slightly choppy time-transitions and the need for more editing. But my main indecision is the main character. I understand the stoic emotionless staring-straight-ahead face is the thing for lead actresses now but this one is too good at it. A wrinkle on the forehead is peak emotion. I can't decide if that's good or bad. But the acting of all the other lead characters is fantastic. And at least the robots and AI haven't taken over in this one so there's hope for mankind. 

Edited by tassojunior

58 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

I understand the stoic emotionless staring-straight-ahead face is the thing for lead actresses now but this one is too good at it. A wrinkle on the forehead is peak emotion. I can't decide if that's good or bad.

As countless acting coaches will tell you, acting is reacting.

If you're not reacting, well... You get the point.

S11 is minimal, that's for sure, but it's fascinating.  I can't say there's anything else like it on TV right now.

Guest MikeThomas

Highly recommend.  One of the best shows I've seen in a long time.  The time jumps do require attention.  But I found that after a while they seem natural.  Not a good show to fall asleep to 😂.

Vulture does nice recaps.

• 2 weeks later...