Omicron Check: Are you still hiring?

CheckCar
This topic is 782 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 3/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, Lucky said:

So it was all bullshit? Masks and quarantine weren't protecting people when COVID was rampant? I don't understand your attitude.

Well, pretty much bullshit since everyone was given the opportunity to get vaccinated, and really bullshit since omicron replaced all other variants. The risk to the fully vaccinated is significantly less than the risk of a regular cold, so the masking over the last 3 months has been purely to protect the unvaccinated. I, for one, resented having to inconvenience myself (and get acne) to protect someone who himself has no interest in being protected. I still greatly resent the outdated inconveniences of having to test prior to international travel and wearing masks on planes. "Chris" are about to go to Guatemala and Belize. At least Belize dropped its testing requirement prior to entry, but we still have to test to enter Guatemala and to return to the US. All to protect adults who behave like petulant children? No thanks. 

5 hours ago, WilliamM said:

@Lucky was responding to a message from a member: it wasn't meant as a general statement. Can

I sure look forward to the day @WilliamM looks up "verbose" in the dictionary! 😀

image.png.8c0ce470b46ff1bb50269c76d1832a86.png

On 1/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, CheckCar said:

If one of you tests positive, will you offer him partial payment to help him out, or will you just wait for now and pay his usual rate the next time?

I pay full rate for any last minute cancellation I need to make. I respect that I booked time and there's is an expectation to be paid for that time whether I show up or not. If the provider needs to cancel for health reasons that's on them..but I do tip generously if I discover a few days were lost due to illness. These ARE human beings deserving of sympathy and kindness in their struggles.

Edited by pubic_assistance