Binge or spread?

jeezifonly
This topic is 853 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Do you binge watch? Only certain series, or everything? Do some series fare better with condensing the time between viewing, say, to maintain complicated and fast moving plots? Do some stories get exposed as having holes when you can recall prior episodes, scenes and details clearly, rather than a week or two back? (I found this to be irritatingly true of Scandal and HTGAWM)

Maybe you can’t stand binge watching. Too much time sitting still? Too many unpleasant characters/scenes to absorb in quantity? Short attention span allotted for entertainment, due to large amount required for work life?

I’m currently binging Succession only 2-3/day, and it’s helping a lot to keep early details and moments of exchange in mind, in order to make sense of later developments. 

I did not binge anything ever until March of 2020. I’m pretty much a convert, especially for the tense legal/crime dramas I enjoy. I juggle a couple of my own, and a couple the Huzz and I watch together. 

Binge-watching any reality or competition shows would, for me, be an indicator of suicidal tendencies. Watching a single episode of any of them, will just make me grind my teeth to a paste.

9 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

I've binged a few series, most notably Ted Lasso recently, I went through two seasons in five days. Funny feeling for someone raised on having to wait a week for the next episode.

I know!! Not at home in front of the TV? Too bad. Hope for reruns.

Peeing or grabbing a glass of water?  That was only during commercial breaks (“brought to you by…”) which were fewer and shorter - which could not be paused or muted without getting up and turning the volume knob. No wonder we also had lives!

Ted Lasso was perfect for bingeing! No one character was particularly awful or irritating. Nearly no blood, a rarity in the stream-o-verse. Eager to see where it goes.