Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

It was even worse for me at Utopia recently after I called to reserve and wasn’t notified of the double booking until after my massage had started, when I was unapologetically asked to get up, dress, and leave. Staff were unmoved by my outrage and my later attempts to reconcile with owner failed. I’ve had good experiences here too, but terrible is also a possibility.

1 hour ago, Skurril said:

It was even worse for me at Utopia recently after I called to reserve and wasn’t notified of the double booking until after my massage had started, when I was unapologetically asked to get up, dress, and leave. Staff were unmoved by my outrage and my later attempts to reconcile with owner failed. I’ve had good experiences here too, but terrible is also a possibility.

Oh that is truly awful @Skurrilhow much worse can it get? While you are already naked lying on the massage table, they give you shit like that.  I would have been furious. I would have told them to take a good look at me cuz I won't be returning.  Sorry for your experience.

I was very surprised to read that a client had the experience described at Utopia.  I have been a client there since it opened, and I have known the owner Xiao, for longer than that.   What is described here is TOTALLY at variance from any experience I have had there, and I find it very hard to believe that "later attempts to reconcile with the owner failed."

Of course, I wasn't there, nor could I find the post to which Skurril refers to.  Nor do I know who this gentleman is.  But I think that something is fishy here.  It does not add up at all.

4 hours ago, beethoven said:

I was very surprised to read that a client had the experience described at Utopia.  I have been a client there since it opened, and I have known the owner Xiao, for longer than that.   What is described here is TOTALLY at variance from any experience I have had there, and I find it very hard to believe that "later attempts to reconcile with the owner failed."

Of course, I wasn't there, nor could I find the post to which Skurril refers to.  Nor do I know who this gentleman is.  But I think that something is fishy here.  It does not add up at all.

What doesn’t add up? 

Xiao (Jack?) was responsive via text—his number, as you must know, is posted in all the rooms. The problem was that he stuck by his employee’s claims that I had never been granted a reservation, despite my call record; after I pressed further, he quoted them as saying I was a repeat no-show (though I’d never gone enough to have a reputation per se, and had certainly never ghosted a reservation). The former could’ve been an ‘honest’ mistake for which they failed to take responsibility, but the latter was an outright lie. Owner seemed to try to stay agnostic; didn’t attempt restitution and only recommended I reserve via internet in future. 

So I had a great experience with Adam the other day at TSMS, but still here a few more days and think I need to experience a little more that NYC has to offer. I've seen some good reports on Bert. Would love to hear anybody's experience, or if anybody has somebody they'd say I have to try before I leave the city (and Sergey is not working while I'm here-already tried that lol). Feel free to inbox me-gonna try to squeeze in at least two more massages while here, or may just go back to Adam (it was THAT good).

On 3/22/2022 at 1:30 PM, manmed said:

I made an appt at Top Man spa last Friday witha guy named "Malik" according to a Chinese guy on the phone. When I got there the guy's actual name was actually "Norik". I had to pause because I remembered a guy with the same name at SMS a couple of years ago which provided a lackluster massage and uneventful finish. I pressed on regardless to give it a chance. I'm glad I did! The deep tissue was so relaxing that I was snoring (briefly) at one point; and the ending was explosive! Mutual satisfaction delivered. I may have to visit this spa again....

Oh I just love an 'explosive' ending!  I know you weren't snoring at that point.  Sounds great!

13 hours ago, kyleham said:

Went to Top Mans Spa for the first time. It's nice spa, good table scrub and had Norik for my massage. No real massage skills, the next day I was in severe pain. Would not repeat.

I had my 5th visit there last week.  Since the masseur I requested, Max, wasn't available that day, the phone guy offered Sebastian, Francis and Norik, to which i wasn’t familiar with any of them.  Chose Norik randomly.

While he was fairly attractive and had relatively acceptable massage and interpersonal skills, I won’t be requesting him again, and wish I would’ve chosen one of the other two masseurs.  

On 3/23/2022 at 6:20 PM, Peterformassage said:

New member.  Just wanted to express experience that I made an advanced appointment for Bert at Alpha the other day and when I arrived I was told there was a double booking but could have the guy that answered the door.  Just felt like they could have called is all.

I’ve never had problems booking Bert, did you book ahead of time or did you book within the same day? Because there has been a time or two I’ve come out of the room and there is already another client waiting for him and the other fella is doing a massage so is possible the double booking happened in a short amount of time and there were no people to call you to reschedule, that’s my logical guess. Sucks regardless but If you mention that to him, I’m confident he’ll make it up to you 😏