Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

10 hours ago, Sixpack said:

I am not the one who reported it was raided. 
the poster wrote it was raided.  Interpret that as you wish 

And my comments are not directed at whoever reported on their closing. This is about your doom and gloom attitude -

"More will follow.  Seems like top men also is under surveillance." Even though you later admitted that you had no reason to say why them specifically... 🙄

"Yes he’s likely locked up."

"Until they get busted again"

You are bringing nothing of value to the conversation. 

1 hour ago, Sixpack said:

All good but for me there are other places I would prefer for now based on what happened.  To each his own bro

That's great. How about concentrating on those places and stop berating one or two spas for "allegedly" doing the same activities that most likely happen in your favorite spots too. Let's not pretend you're going to any morally righteous places, hmmm?

22 minutes ago, urbanfetish said:

And my comments are not directed at whoever reported on their closing. This is about your doom and gloom attitude -

"More will follow.  Seems like top men also is under surveillance." Even though you later admitted that you had no reason to say why them specifically... 🙄

That's great. How about concentrating on those places and stop berating one or two spas for "allegedly" doing the same activities that most likely happen in your favorite spots too. Let's not pretend you're going to any morally righteous places, hmmm?

Well said!!! Bravo!!’

12 hours ago, urbanfetish said:

I am not berating. I am acting as an educated consumer.  

33 minutes ago, CheckCar said:

Does anyone know what typically happens to clients when a spa gets raided by the police?

Generally if you are already on the table when the cops come, they finish the happy ending before allowing you to dress and leave. In some cases, the cop will himself have a happy ending by tossing you in jail!

@CheckCar: @Cooperanswered your question yesterday.

Edited by Lucky

6 hours ago, CheckCar said:

Does anyone know what typically happens to clients when a spa gets raided by the police?

From what I’ve read from past comments where this has happened, generally nothing.  Seems the cops just ask the clients to leave.  I apparently missed Spa 27’s raid last week by just a couple of hours.  I bet their masseurs will all be complete “professionals” for a while after they reopen. 

18 hours ago, CheckCar said:

Happened to me years ago in a small town in upstate ny. I had only walked in and inquired and decided not to get the massage.  On returning to my car I was stopped by police and taken to police headquarters. Scared me and scarred me maybe for life so maybe that’s why I worry more.  I was not placed in a jail cell but they likely did a background check before warning me and letting me go after maybe 30 minutes to an hour.  Was a long time ago but that’s why I would never get a massage again outside a big city.

7 minutes ago, Sixpack said:

Happened to me years ago in a small town in upstate ny. I had only walked in and inquired and decided not to get the massage.  On returning to my car I was stopped by police and taken to police headquarters. Scared me and scarred me maybe for life so maybe that’s why I worry more.  I was not placed in a jail cell but they likely did a background check before warning me and letting me go after maybe 30 minutes to an hour.  Was a long time ago but that’s why I would never get a massage again outside a big city.

Your story reminds me of documentary footage from the early 60s of gay men getting arrested and intimidated—and sometimes even outed—by police officers during raids. Justified or not, I carry a similar fear with me whenever I go to NYC spas.

I appreciate those of you who offer a heads-up whenever these raids happen. 

3 minutes ago, CheckCar said:

Your story reminds me of documentary footage from the early 60s of gay men getting arrested and intimidated—and sometimes even outed—by police officers during raids. Justified or not, I carry a similar fear with me whenever I go to NYC spas.

I appreciate those of you who offer a heads-up whenever these raids happen. 

This was not at a m4m place. It was Brazilian women.  I only recently discovered the joy of Asian men.  My fear in nyc is pretty minimal.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, Client1985 said:

Heading to either Energy Men Spa or Top Men Spa. Any recommendations? 

Request Masseure Roger , he is best in energy men , I finished with he 30 mins body scrub and 60 mins massage ,this afternoon, he looks mixed blood  cut boy 👦, but he told me still Studay university now, he just part time energy men , I remember he told me only work 2-3 days A week , 

I visited Top Men two days ago. Everyone is correct, the place is big and the customer service and pleasantries were top notch. I even spotted a working ATM (which is rare at the other spas).  The receptionist told me they have 15 (!) masseurs currently (and still hiring for more).  I had room 4 and it was huge. My masseur was Victor (slim latino) and his massage skills are fantastic.   

I will be back to Top Men. 

10 hours ago, lingling94 said:

Anyone have and feedback on TSMS lately? Feel free to PM any experiences.

I saw the name Jeff is new, any details?

I had Philip the other day - scheduled 90 mins, got there and was confirmed could only do 60 but it lasted 30 mins.

still had the nerve to try and charge me for full 60 🙄

13 hours ago, CalosEmotillo said:

Try Jack, a Thai guy there. Call and check his schedule first.

Super relaxing after the session. Very good massage technique.

I agree about Jack. Energy Spa is not that great in general (IMHO) but Jack is a star there and makes up for any shortcomings with the facilities and usual service from others there. Jack is the main reason I go to Energy Spa.

1 hour ago, Beef-a-roni said:

I had Philip the other day - scheduled 90 mins, got there and was confirmed could only do 60 but it lasted 30 mins.

still had the nerve to try and charge me for full 60 🙄

Agreeing to a massage with Philip was a mistake right from the start. He is probably the worst masseur there. He likes to upsell too, which annoys me.