Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

How much are you tipping? (If you don’t mind me asking? lol)

The only one there who’s ever asked me about tips there is Philip and he’s not worth a good tip.

Usually 100% for the standard massage which I did before COVID too. Granted they raised it to $65 so I only gave $60. They said I usually gave $80-100 which I would never

Edited by lingling94

Usually 100% for the standard massage which I did before COVID too. Granted they raised it to $65 so I only gave $60. They said I usually gave $80-100 which I would never

Well. I think 100% for a "certain massages" is pretty good. I usually tip about $50 for an hour and $70 for 90 min and only go to 100% for special occasions. lol I've been going to TSMS for a couple of years now, not quite since they opened, but almost, and no one has ever questioned my tipping there except for Philip, who asked for a "good tip" in the middle of the massage. He needs to ask because, well, I just wouldn't recommend him (no reviews here...).

Wow! Admittedly I only book therapeutic massages (with no expectation of more) but the most I’ve ever tipped is 25%

If you are sticking to strictly therapeutic massages, 25% is probably fine. It depends on how cheap the massage is for me though. There's a chain spa here in NYC that charges about $70 for 90 minutes. (I think? It's been awhile since I've visited them thanks to Covid.) 25% of $70 is only $17.50, but I tip $30 if they are good, or maybe $25 if they are average. Massaging for 90 minutes is a lot of work and they don't make much money. I feel like a total of $100 for a 90 min massage is a great deal.