Notre Dame, Oklahoma coaching changes.

E.T.Bass
This topic is 862 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wild stuff.  Lincoln Riley and staff leave Oklahoma for USC.  Brian Kelly will leave Notre Dame for LSU job.

I can understand Riley getting away from all that's going on at Oklahoma, how that must have stunk, being around all the SEC expansion finagling.

Kelly giving up the Notre Dame job is a big deal.  

The college football world is in shock.

And one of the first things Riley did was steal a top recruit who had committed to Notre Dame but will change now to USC. The whole process stinks, and just shows that college football is basically a business in which coaches are paid much more than the students' academic mentors, and the 'student athletes' are interns hoping to get hired for full-time jobs.

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

And one of the first things Riley did was steal a top recruit who had committed to Notre Dame but will change now to USC. The whole process stinks, and just shows that college football is basically a business in which coaches are paid much more than the students' academic mentors, and the 'student athletes' are interns hoping to get hired for full-time jobs.

There is so little pretense remaining how these college teams are merely student athletes battling for their school's honor. 

When I see what USC is paying Riley to coach the Trojans, I continue to drift towards watching the NFL.  

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Charlie said:

.....and just shows that college football is basically a business in which coaches are paid much more than the students' academic mentors, and the 'student athletes' are interns hoping to get hired for full-time jobs.

As I see it, they are doing what other college students are doing, just in a different format.  They are building their skills that they can include in a resume.  In a similar fashion, an education major is doing student teaching, a med student doing rotations, or a musician performs in concerts.

• 3 weeks later...