Who's at Times Square?

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5592 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

Watching AC 360 here (Winter weather interfered with my plans). Waiting for Hill and Billary.

Happy New Year to all here!!! }( }( }(

>Do very many New Yawkers visit Times Square on New Year's

>Eve?

On New Year's Eve, 1968, I skirted Times Square as I left the theater where I had just seen the splendid film version of "Oliver" in a beautiful 70 mm, road show presentation. Some drunked/drugged out kid came up to me within eight degrees of separation and roared in my face. I've never been back since.

Though when I was growing up, I always thought Times Square was the most exciting place to be on New Year's Eve. My aunt would look at the TV and say, "I wonder how the pickpocets are doing." Not me. I loved watching Ben Grauer (sp.?) cover the scene on Times Square with that stentorian voice of his. He made it seem as if we were on the edge of some great destiny. Perhaps not so long after World War II, he and others thought we were.

Ah, yes.

Curiosity opens the anus.

Lankypeters

IF you removed all the College Kids & Tourists Not all that many. Other than those that live in that immediate area, I doubt many from any of our fine Outer Boroughs bother over the age of 25! LOL

Years ago it was a Hassle getting In & Out of Times Square now it is ridiculous and not worth the effort whatsoever! ;-)

Some may not agree BUT watching "Dick Clark" at this point in time even though he OWNS the Show is getting very Sad and with the AGE Group who watches "Howdy Doody Seacrest" I don't see the point? IMHO of course.

Guest Tristan

Masochists! It seems like one big ordeal.

People stand in place for many hours in these fenced off areas that look like pig pens. There's no room to sit down. You are not allowed to bring a bag with you. That means no drinks and snacks. I didn't see anyone holding a bottle of water or thermos or anything but the New Year's Eve junk they give you. Once you pass security, you can't leave until after midnite.

It was bitter cold last night. That adds to the discomfort. And there are no porta-potties. I think you need to be under 30 and in good shape to go through this. And for what? Sixty seconds of excitement and being able to say you were there in the year... No thanks. Let the young and tourists enjoy it.

NO Porta-Potties! Years ago you could just walk a couple of blocks West or East find a nice Spot and Piddle! Actually West side was always better not as many people. No Problem unless they got you for Public Ludeness or whatever BUT you did get to relieve yourself! ;-)

Those days are Gone now.. once your in a BOX that's it! I don't care what Age everyone Pisses at least Once in a 10-12 Hr Period. ;-)

Archived