Gay Games in Hong Kong

curt gregory

Does anyone have any scoop about the “postponed” Gay Games 2022 in Hong Kong?  They are blaming Covid, but I’m guessing that very few people wanted to go to what is now part of the PRC as an out gay person.  (That would include me!). 
Given that most of the sports that go to the Games use that competition as their championships, I’m also wondering if those sports federations will try to now schedules a 2022 championship next year.  Does anyone have any intel?

• 7 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:42 PM, curt gregory said:

Does anyone have any scoop about the “postponed” Gay Games 2022 in Hong Kong?  They are blaming Covid, but I’m guessing that very few people wanted to go to what is now part of the PRC as an out gay person.  (That would include me!). 
Given that most of the sports that go to the Games use that competition as their championships, I’m also wondering if those sports federations will try to now schedules a 2022 championship next year.  Does anyone have any intel?

You probably already know this information.  The HK Games are postponed until November, 2023, and for the first time, there will be a co-host city Guadalajara, Mexico.  I don't know how they are dividing up the events.