Russian bodybuilder warned he could die unless he has huge bicep implants removed.

Walker1
This topic is 919 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 9/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, nycman said:

It’s mental illness, plain and simple, and should be labeled as such. 

Can’t the same be said about most body modifications?

32 minutes ago, BnaC said:

Can’t the same be said about most body modifications?

To me, there's a world of difference between a facelift or a similar procedure that (hopefully) looks natural and poses minimal risk and pumping your biceps full of a dangerous substance to achieve grotesque proportions.

46 minutes ago, BSR said:

To me, there's a world of difference between a facelift or a similar procedure that (hopefully) looks natural and poses minimal risk and pumping your biceps full of a dangerous substance to achieve grotesque proportions.

I was referring to extreme body mods…scarification, mutilation, and extreme piercings and tattoos

1 hour ago, BnaC said:

I was referring to extreme body mods…scarification, mutilation, and extreme piercings and tattoos

Oops, I misunderstood, my bad.  You mean like this? (referring to pic below)  Yeah, I agree up to a point.  The Russian bodybuilder took it to such an extreme, though, by pumping himself up with a dangerous substance.  While I find these face tattoos and extreme piercings quite ugly, the guy in the picture didn't do anything to endanger his health.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, BSR said:

Oops, I misunderstood, my bad.  You mean like this? (referring to pic below)  Yeah, I agree up to a point.  The Russian bodybuilder took it to such an extreme, though, by pumping himself up with a dangerous substance.  While I find these face tattoos and extreme piercings quite ugly, the guy in the picture didn't do anything to endanger his health.

spacer.png

Very true.  But I wonder if the motivation is much different?