A New Kind of Boycott

Guest andrewd
This topic is 5629 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest andrewd

It’s not an original idea, but I have heard it discussed here before and I think it may be appropriate for use again. I am proposing a boycott of Ariadne1880 and his ilk, as he is so fond of saying.

I think he intentionally takes a position of opposition as a form of entertainment and trying to have an adult discussion with someone who has those motives is like trying to convince a palm tree it is an oak. Or like having a dialogue with a child who gleefully giggles and squirms when you try to explain an idea to them and they feign ignorance because they are taking joy in seeing the frustration build as you try to get your point across.

When pressed to put forth his thoughts, he offers no ideas of substance or any actionable advice that he himself has actually taken. He resorts to insults and name calling and a regurgitation of vitriol he seems to repeat like a broken record.

So, I say let’s leave him and his ilk alone. Let them communicate amongst themselves through their private emails, offering congratulations and words of encouragement and pats on the back. After all, this is just a place for hookers and those who enjoy their company so why would Ariadne1880 and his ilk want to commune here? Let them troll around the periphery and spew what they will, but maybe the silent treatment is the best way to see them off. Just my opinion.

“Lonely, party of one, your table is now ready. We will be seating you over here next to bitter, party of one. Please enjoy your Left-Out-In-The-Cold. It is a specialty of the house.”

See you later hater. Hope your life brings you the happiness you are lacking....

Wikipedia says:

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory...messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response..."

Doesn't Daddy (or deej?) always say,"Don't feed the trolls"?

What are you really proposing, a public lynching?

I have no intention of defending these folks but anyone is free to ignore anyone else at any time, aren't they?

Isn't it up to Daddy or the moderators to control violators of the TOS? Isn't there a method to report suspected violations?

As a professional, how does "zero attitude" jibe with boycotting a poster?

Best regards,

KMEM

Fox News is apparently being shunned at Obama press conferences, not having been called upon once in the three so far.

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says there's "nothing nefarious" going on. "I would tell them, get a good question and stay tuned."

Guest andrewd

You are correct, anyone is free to ignore anyone at any time for any reason. I am proposing a unified ignore or "public shunning" (personally, very much like that one) of this poster in particular because I feel it is warranted.

I am not suggesting any violations of forum policy have occured, nor that Daddy or the moderators need take action. I am merely suggesting a way in which to cope with the negative energy this poster puts forth by giving him a cold shoulder.

OK, ignoring him or anyone else is your right (and mine).

Do you think the "any publicity is OK so long as you spell my name correctly" might apply if there is any further mention of this?

Just thinking ahead.

Best regards,

KMEM

Archived