Welcome to the Dark Side! (Introducing Dark Mode)

RadioRob
This topic is 752 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There was a few comments from members who expressed an interest in having a dark colored theme.  Adding this was a fairly low effort project and does not require a tremendous amount of upkeep to support.  

If you would prefer to have a dark color background and colors instead of our normal whites and grays, you can switch your default theme to use Dark Mode.  

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.47.58 AM.png

Simply scroll to the bottom of any page in the site.  At the very bottom in the footer (to the left of our Privacy Policy) is a Theme option.  Click on it and then choose either Normal or Dark Mode. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.01.54 AM.png

You can switch back and forth at your leisure and your preference is persistent as long as you are logged into the site.  

welcome-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies.jpeg

10 hours ago, RadioRob said:

There was a few comments from members who expressed an interest in having a dark colored theme.  Adding this was a fairly low effort project and does not require a tremendous amount of upkeep to support.  

If you would prefer to have a dark color background and colors instead of our normal whites and grays, you can switch your default theme to use Dark Mode.  

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.47.58 AM.png

Simply scroll to the bottom of any page in the site.  At the very bottom in the footer (to the left of our Privacy Policy) is a Theme option.  Click on it and then choose either Normal or Dark Mode. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.01.54 AM.png

You can switch back and forth at your leisure and your preference is persistent as long as you are logged into the site.  

welcome-to-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies.jpeg

Is this deployed?  I'm not seeing the option.  I signed out and back in, still not there.  OS WIn10

image.png.82d8ca90c5485208782f11bb950a944a.png

Edited by RJD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest MikeThomas
7 hours ago, RadioRob said:

This was done intentionally as part of the memorial for Daddy.  

See 

Thanks, didn’t know

2 hours ago, ButchAtl said:

I noticed the default change also.  Nice touch as memorial.  But, it seems I like the way it looks !

Be sure to check out the dark mode version of the new Company of Men theme.  In addition to having dark backgrounds around content, the customizer also has a few fun different background images, including a space one that you can choose from.