HBO The White Lotus

This topic is 832 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

17 hours ago, E.T.Bass said:

The first epi tells us someone goes home in a box.  By the end we'll learn who it is, or not.

I always like Molly Shannon.

Murray Bartlett had some of the best lines.

I think each season’s action is meant to have taken place over a week or so, with new guests each season. So by this season finale we’ll probably know who’s flying freight.
The first ep Shane’s behavior made it seem like Rachel is the one in the box, but my entire life’s experiences made it seem like I’d never see a hot and funny rimjob as a crucial plot  turn…

And what fun it would have been to be the person with this job  on set that day.

Edited by jeezifonly

On 8/4/2021 at 7:36 PM, WilliamM said:

Much in the news because young Dillon's bare ass was eaten by  Murray's character. Young Dillon will probably ask for a promotion as a male model and assistance manager 

I have to say that if people are somehow "stirred up" by what was being done and shown by the Armond/Dillon tryst they must not have done the real thing very much.  Armond was barely near Dillon's ass.  After reading about it I was hoping that it would be enough to be used as a teaching lesson for "tossing salad".  I would definitely do a better job than what they showed.

After the first episode I began to really enjoy the series.  I thought several members of the cast were great.  Jennifer Coolidge was pathetically great as usual.  I have loved her since I first saw her in Best In Show.  And of course Molly Shannon is always great.  Just so hateful.  I also find the actress playing Rachel to be really good, stuck in such a depressing situation.  Of course, I could go on but you should just watch it. 

59 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Yes, many people have said the same thing. Hey, it's just a TV show, not "how to eat ass."

Pity for the ratings, huh?

I’m not spoiling, as my theory is only based on viewing all current episodes.

Mom is in the box, Rachel in custody?

3 minutes ago, jeezifonly said:

Did who did not watch initially really think it would be more tight and focused?

7 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

I think each season’s action is meant to have taken place over a week or so, with new guests each season. So by this season finale we’ll probably know who’s flying freight.
The first ep Shane’s behavior made it seem like Rachel is the one in the box, but my entire life’s experiences made it seem like I’d never see a hot and funny rimjob as a crucial plot  turn…

And what fun it would have been to be the person with this job  on set that day.

I'm nearly convinced Rachel just took a break from or split with Shane.   

Perhaps Armond will expire from too much partying. 

Murder doesn't seem likely to me at this point.  But I'm totally guessing.  i don't know.

2 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Did who did not watch initially really think it would be more tight and focused?

I keep thinking how The White Lotus is lacking a lot of what Big Little Lies had,  big budget actors and a more compelling a story.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, jeezifonly said:

Mom's leaving on an early flight to Mauna Kea before they wake up. They wouldn't let a Hawaiian airplane crash. (though people have gotten sucked out of the top of a plane).  

19 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

Mom's leaving on an early flight to Mauna Kea before they wake up. They wouldn't let a Hawaiian airplane crash. (though people have gotten sucked out of the top of a plane).  

Saw 5.

Two possibilities for the box:

Paula, Rachel.

Just one week to find out!

1 hour ago, WilliamM said:

The White Lotus is renewed for season Two. But it  will be a different hotel and different guests.

Not sure about Murray Bartlett and Lukas Gage. Mike White who made the announcement said it would be another White Lotus hotel and there might be a few returning hotel guests

I first thought this was filmed at the Fairmont Orchid on Hawaii but I've never been to the 4 Seasons Wailea Maui. Other than a couple suites the grounds and beach don't look exceptional. Given the state was closed and they had their choice of hotels I would have expected the Westin Hapuna Bay Hawaii which is exceptionally dramatic building and beach wise. (the connected Mauna Kea isn't bad either; Mom does have good taste). Seems like hotels would have jumped at the exposure (not that any of these have occupancy problems but they could have raised their rates even more).   

Edited by tassojunior

On 8/11/2021 at 8:06 AM, tassojunior said:

I first thought this was filmed at the Fairmont Orchid on Hawaii but I've never been to the 4 Seasons Wailea Maui. Other than a couple suites the grounds and beach don't look exceptional. Given the state was closed and they had their choice of hotels I would have expected the Westin Hapuna Bay Hawaii which is exceptionally dramatic building and beach wise. (the connected Mauna Kea isn't bad either; Mom does have good taste). Seems like hotels would have jumped at the exposure (not that any of these have occupancy problems but they could have raised their rates even more).   

Def shot at 4S Grand Waileia. Shots from off shore reveal its scale, yet White Lotus is small enough that the GM works Reception AND hosts at the restaurant… Hmmm maybe that’s how he worked up his …appetite image.gif.e1180c5f096d86aa461b41f3b8d4a156.gif