General physician recommendation in Long Beach or Weho area

Antonio1981
This topic is 1027 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys. I’m on the hunt for a new doctor who specializes in men’s health and/or LGBT community. It would be ideal is he was gay to avoid embarrassing questions, etc. I realize doctors are professionals, but would feel more comfortable with someone who is familiar with gay men’s health. I haven’t had a regular doctor for annual visits etc so I thought I would start here with any recommendations in Long Beach or West Hollywood vicinity. Thanks 

Back in the gay-rags-in-print days you would have access to ads and articles steering you correctly.
You’re right that justifications, as part of disclosures of personal medical information, disadvantage gay people all over. Search through locally based online LGBTQ sources for recommendations. Start looking now and I bet you’ll have made an appt in a week! There’s more and more out there to help you in the areas you’d want 

I hope someone PMs you with a recommendation. There should be plenty of gay GPs in that area, but I hope you can find someone who is also a good diagnostician.

One thing to consider is whether he sees patients himself or delegates to a PA. Some people prefer one or the other.