How do you approach a new sub

gck333
This topic is 958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So when you approach a new sub on the Internet, how do you guys talk?

I mean, do you talk dirty with role play (being strict and sounds like a dom) or do you talk like a normal person? I liked to talk like a normal person but worry if that would affect the relationship and my authority when we started playing. I also try to do role play from start to end during our meeting. Is that the right way? Or should I just talk to them normally outside the play session?

Subs, please feel free to chime in too. What do you guys prefer?

I think there are arguments on both sides of this. I don't see a problem if two people carry out their entire relationship 'in character', but I don't think it's ideal. If I were one of the participants, I would absolutely insist that dom/sub role play was just that. From my perspective it would be imperative that I have a respectful equal relationship with the other party until the role-play session starts, and after it ends. When it starts is open for discussion, say from when the door opens when we meet, or from when we've had a discussion in the same room, even perhaps a drink before flicking the switch to role play. I had an on-line discussion with a master who seemed to want me to be completely submissive in my interactions with him. I accept that may be a thing, but it's not a thing I was prepared to consider.

Edited by mike carey

Guest davebk

Tend to let it flow naturally when I approach someone I think would be a good dom for a session.  But I usually approach as fairly respectful and mutual, indicating a sub disposition.  But just naturally, I'm going to call just about anyone I approach as "Sir".  

What I don't enjoy is when I get a first message from someone that immediately goes all in on acting like I'm already owned by him with aggressive slave type language. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 10:33 PM, gck333 said:

So when you approach a new sub on the Internet, how do you guys talk?

I mean, do you talk dirty with role play (being strict and sounds like a dom) or do you talk like a normal person? I liked to talk like a normal person but worry if that would affect the relationship and my authority when we started playing. I also try to do role play from start to end during our meeting. Is that the right way? Or should I just talk to them normally outside the play session?

Subs, please feel free to chime in too. What do you guys prefer?

I prefer some talk and to be led into the role. That’s incredibly erotic. But I’m also new at at this. 

On 8/30/2021 at 4:43 AM, COLLEGEDOM said:

Definitely time and place for when the sub is in the head space to want to be a sub 

it’s all about communicating and if the sub assumes the sub position yea that’s key code for you to assume your role as dom 

dom here experienced speaking 

I haven't played these roles just yet but me, I'm a sub, and I can only imagine a dom going into character and that itself would be a turn on for me (because of my sub nature) so, I would sub when I'm told.

Yet again, I have no experience in this other than being a bottom and submissive by my very nature.