Happy Pride Weekend :)

cany10011
This topic is 1031 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I wonder what constitutes having a "Happy Pride."

For me, it is my acceptance of who I am as a gay man. So it isn't just a day or a month. But it sure was great when I finally stopped fighting my orientation.

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

I wonder what constitutes having a "Happy Pride."

For me, it is my acceptance of who I am as a gay man. So it isn't just a day or a month. But it sure was great when I finally stopped fighting my orientation.

I'm not about these 1 day recognition holidays, unless the day holds a particular significance like Independence Day....

Otherwise, the optics of it seems like the thing being celebrated is ONLY important on that one day, when it should be celebrated every day....

OK, in the case of Pride, they give us a month, but what happens AFTER that month ?  Gays go back to being demeaned and attacked.....or just totally pushed into the background.

Do whats in your heart, regardless of what the calendar tells you....   It should be about Humanity, not money.