Question to clients: Do you care if the provider is vaccinated?

Friendlyerotic
This topic is 1031 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

15 hours ago, Unicorn said:

So do I. In fact, every illegal alien I know has been vaccinated. I did yesterday meet my locksmith when I had a problem with one of my locks. He's an Israeli immigrant, probably in his 30s. He was wearing a mask. I said "Haven't you been vaccinated?" He said "I just got my first dose yesterday. I only got it because I need it to go back to Israel." There were no barriers to his getting it other than that he thought he wasn't going to personally benefit from it. I suspect that in 99% of cases, people who haven't gotten the shot yet in the US are simply people who couldn't be bothered--or idiots who believe ridiculous nonsense that's pervasive in social media. The idea that it's because they have children is complete hogwash (actually all the more reason to get vaccinated--to protect those who can't). 

Given Israel's high vaccination rate, I suspect they have little tolerance for assholes whose only thought is "What's in it for me?" I applaud their policy on organ donation. If you don't sign up as an organ donor in Israel, you're not eligible for an organ should you need one. The beauty of this system is that organ donation doesn't cost the donor a penny, or any sacrifice whatsoever. It's also not against the tenets of any religion. The only reason not to donate one's organs upon one's death would be an unusual personal dislike of organ donation. And if you dislike organ donation, you'd never ask to receive an organ, would you?

This is very interesting considering in order to be buried in a Jewish cemetery, you cannot have any mutilation of your body including no tattoos. I also wonder if there is an exception for people who cannot donate to due medical conditions they have that would make their organs unacceptable for donation.

23 minutes ago, Islesguy said:

This is very interesting considering in order to be buried in a Jewish cemetery, you cannot have any mutilation of your body including no tattoos. I also wonder if there is an exception for people who cannot donate to due medical conditions they have that would make their organs unacceptable for donation.

• Mutilation of the dead – The Torah prohibits the unnecessary mutilation of the dead. However, if the mutilation is done with the purpose of saving life, the principle of Pikuach Nefesh allows it.
  • Postponement of burial – Although the Torah prohibits the postponement of burial, and organ harvesting may postpone it by a number of hours, if it is done with the purpose of saving life, the principle of Pikuach Nefesh allows it.
  • Benefiting from the dead – The Torah prohibits benefiting from the dead. Although the recipient of the dead person's organs benefits, since this was done with the purpose of saving life, the principle of Pikuach Nefesh allows it.

Pikuach nefesh (Hebrew: פקוח נפש‎ 'watching over a soul') is the principle in Jewish law that the preservation of human life overrides virtually any other religious rule. When the life of a specific person is in danger, almost any negative commandment of the Torah becomes inapplicable.

https://www.centreforpublicimpact.org/case-study/organ-donation-israel

"The initiative

The Israeli government designed a new policy that took a pragmatic approach to the problem, “a pioneering approach that gives transplant priority to those willing to contribute to the organ pool.” [3] It was set out in the Organ Transplant Act 2008, which came into effect in January 2010.

“The Act's principal aim is to increase the number of deceased donor organ donations. In order to achieve this, it introduces a priority points system, set out at policy level, intended to motivate individuals to donate their organs.” The three-tiered system is as follows:

• The first priority for transplants is for living donors and the family members of donors.
  • Registered donors of three years or more receive second priority.
  • Family members of registered donors receive a third tier of priority.

“Another feature of the 2008 Organ Transplant Act [was] full reimbursement to living donors for lost work time, and health and life insurance for five years.” [4] The Act also created a database of registered organ donors."

In other words, if you haven't been registered as a donor for at least 3 years, you're on a very low priority to receive an organ should you need one. And you better have a family member who's registered. Everyone can donate SOMETHING, although there are obviously some conditions which would prevent you from donating some of your organs. Almost anyone can donate his corneas, for example. 

Again, no religion, not even Jehovah's Witnesses, forbids organ donation. Organ donation after death requires no sacrifice of the donor whatsoever. The only reason not to donate is because one has a personal dislike for organ donation. And in that case, why would you ever ask to receive an organ?

Edited by Unicorn