twinky British actor Mitch Hewer

fedssocr1
This topic is 5596 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those of you who have BBC America check out the program they are showing on Sunday nights now called Skins. It's about a bunch of crazy drug and sex addicted high school kids. Of course one of the characters is gay. And is played by the HOT Mitch Hewer. The show is a lot of fun and pretty deranged. I bought the DVDs of season 1 and 2. They are unedited and full of swearing and nudity.

Anyway, here's naked Mitch from British Cosmo...I'll post the link since I don't know how to post the image

http://www.ageapt.com/2008/05/nekkid-mitch-hewer.html

Good ol' Maxxie from Skins.

Anyone who can should watch a few episodes of Skins,

which is a well-written show on British TV that does not

shy away from being controversial and currently is on BBC

America. Personally, I think Mitch is also a really

capable young actor, in addition to being attractive.

Lookin4hotties

"http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/arga1234/maxxie2.jpg"

"http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/arga1234/maxie.jpg"

"http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/arga1234/mitchhewer6nr2.jpg"

"http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/arga1234/maxxie3.jpg"

while Maxxie isn't the main focus much in the first season, so far the first two episodes I have watched in season 2 put him at the center of attention and looking very hot.

It's too bad Brit TV seasons are so short. Season 1 of Skins is just 9 episodes and season 2 is 10. I wonder if BBCA are planning to run straight through seasons 1 and 2 or if they are going to repeat season 1 over and over for a while and then eventually get around to season 2.

These guys are really hot. But met one of the cast last year on beach at Ipanema in Brazil. He does not play the younger guys but an older guy. Name was Alistaire. In skimpy bathing suit with a 9" cock showing very cleary. An Aussie who had swum the beach full length. Had a condo in Rio where he came frequently. Had a very hot build. Think I will get the series.

This thread inspired me download the first two seasons of Skins. Damn why are the British so much better at TV than we are? I wouldn't watch a modern American teen melodrama if somebody paid me but god damn this one was good (not great--so many coincidences, but good).

British portrayal of gays has always been so far superior... There was an episode of Cracker, what 15 years ago that hasn't been matched in hundreds and hundreds of TV-hours of Law and Order, etc. even today.

And Maxxie's fucking gorgeous.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2022398345929228745&ei=auPfSNSWApHqqAOqrNCXCw&q=mitch+hewer&vt=lf

Sadly he's straight, though there's bi rumors.

I'm a little bit suprised that so far nobody has mentioned actor Nicholas Hoult. He's just as good of a performer as the others on the show " Skins ". Speaking along the lines of fellow cast mates, for those who might be interested, Mitch Hewer will soon be soon on a new television called " Brittania High "

One of the main reasons why " Skins " has done so well in Britain cause partially the writers and producers are following the formula that was set by another BBC teenage drama show called " Grange Hill " which just a few weeks ago ended a thirty year run on television. Prior to " Grange Hill " there really wasn't a show that reflected the angst and heartache of what teenagers were going thru let alone a show that young people could relate to. Probably the closest was Doctor Who when Tom Baker and Peter Davision were in the lead roles in their respective eras, they were sort of rebels and young people could relate to this stuff very well. In the late 1970's, Shawn Sutton who was then head of the Drama & Serials Department at the BBC in one of his last acts under some heavy persuasion gave the green light for a teenage drama to be commissioned. The show " Grange Hill " became a staple for British tv and the rest is history.

In many ways thanks to Shawn Sutton, almost three generations of actors and actresses got their big breaks with " Grange Hill " and moved on after varying times. Alongside with three generations of teenagers and young adults as a television viewing audience, including some of the current writing and producing staff who openly credit " Grange Hill " as the template for " Skins ". As a British teenager back in the 80's, this was probably my favourite show that I could relate to at that time. I think most of my friends felt the same way too in those days. I also enjoyed a show back in the early 1980's where ironically Tracy Ulman received her first big break alongside the great Lenny Henry and the comedy programme was called " Three Of A Kind ". I know Tracy has enjoyed success in America with a show that was on Fox Tv years ago and a couple of HBO specials.It was " Three Of A Kind " that put both Tracy and Lenny on the map as it was very revolutionary and abolutely fantastic for it's day alongside another show called " The Young Ones ".

As of now I'm glad that todays youngsters have " Skins " to look up to and reflect upon. My hope is this show will carry on for another five years and continue to push that the television barriers for as much as possible.

Ro

>BBC America is defintely one of the Best Cable Stations. We

>do see the Best that British TV has to offer!

Oh no you dont, by far and by large do you not see the best that British television has to offer in general. At best is what you see the BBC thinks Americans would like. Here is why I say this, in Britain there are a couple of other channels that operate other than the BBC, we have ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky TV, and Cable. There are some incredible shows that other channels in England have to offer. The sad part most of these shows will probably never see the light of day in America. The main reason being that BBC already has a cable channel operating in America and the others just dont really have any interest in competing with the BBC for the American audience that love Brit shows. Whether it's financial or a lack of interest from the competition, the BBC have a good monopoly in the U.S and it'll probably stay this way for a very long time.

Please dont ever think that just because you see BBC programming, therefore what you watch is therefore it. It really isn't this way at all. One of my favourite shows is from ITV1 and it's called " Hollyoaks " there's even " The Last Detective " or even " The Bill " just to name a few. Basically the list is endless in terms of what the competition have to offer and unfortunately the only way to hear of these shows in the US is by DVD advertising or just plain word of mouth.

There is a lot more to British television than the BBC.

Ro

but Skins is a Channel 4 show. Wasn't Footballers' Wives also Channel 4 or ITV? I think BBC America does buy shows from its rivals for American broadcast. The problem I have is the heavy editing for basic cable.

I kind of like Nicholas Hoult, at least in Season 2 I think his performance is excellent. I find his over-red puffy lips and ultra-high cheekbones distracting though. They certainly did enjoy putting him in his boxer briefs as much as possible though.

I figure Mitch Hewer will come out eventually.

rohale.. Oh No doubt.. there are other shows that for different reasons BBC America does not run in the U.S. which could be very understandable.

"Hollyoaks" I seem to recall did run on BBC America for a while didn't it, a few Seasons ago?

I am surprised that Probably the Best ever "SOAP" that I have followed On and Off over the Year's "EASTENDERS" has not been run on BBC America more? PBS has been running it sporadically for Year's now and does have an audience following.

• 2 months later...

RE: Skins/Slumdog

Last night I saw Anwar (Dev Patel) in Slumdog Millionaire and by accident tonight I watched the season finale of Skins to see him there. I hadn't watched Skins before. How do you understand what they are sayiing? I didn't get half of it, but looking at the boys was fun.

Actually there are two actresses who will be coming back to the show for a Series 3 on Channel 4 and E4 in the UK and for a transmission time frame of January, 2009. Probably in a couple of months on BBC America. Both Kaya Scodelario and Lisa Backwell are reprising their respective roles for one more series. These two performers were the most popular from the previous two serials. Also must not forget to mention that Henry Enfield, Morwenna Banks and the great Geoffrey Hughes will also return for guest appearances next year.

As for the entire cast being given their marching orders from the show. It's not exactly entirely accurate for all of them. Both actors, Nicholas Hoult and Joe Dempsie had indicated to the producers that they wanted to leave and move on to other projects by the end of Series 2. Mitch Hewer and Morwenna Banks were still mulling over their futures. It just happened to be that the producers felt that two years seems to be the optimum level before scripts and the actors performances start to become a little repetitive. The cast and crew were informed earlier this year of the producers decision giving the remaining cast ample time to find other projects and basically get on with their lives.

As a result of this for some of the cast the future as so far been absolutely fantastic. For starters Mitch Hewer is enjoying new found success in "Britania High", Dev Patel has Oscar buzz around him for "Slumdog Millionaire", Nicholas Hoult is probably enjoying the most success out of all the former cast members. He most recently finished up a film with Michael Sheen called "Damned United" and also has film that due out sometime next year where he starred opposite Kenneth Branagh. I musn't forget to mention that Nicholas Hoult will be making his debut appearance at the West End in a play called "New Boy" beginning in March, 2009. Unfortunately some of the cast have not fared as well to be of mention.

I suppose its fair to say that it's sometimes a little bit difficult for the viewers who are accustomed to seeing the same faces in episode after episode and suddenly they are not there anymore. However at the same time it'll be refreshing to see some new faces in the show and giving this particular television programme more longevity in the future years. As of now the new buzz seems to be centered around actor Jack O'Connell. From what I've heard, he really seems to be the standout performer from the new group of performers. The other cast members will simply fall into place.

From a creative point of view as long as "Skins" creators, Jamie Brittain and Bryan Elsley continue to be involved behind the scenes in the programme's evolution, I think this show could easily have a good five to ten year run on television.

RE: Skins/Slumdog

>Last night I saw Anwar (Dev Patel) in Slumdog Millionaire and

>by accident tonight I watched the season finale of Skins to

>see him there. I hadn't watched Skins before. How do you

>understand what they are sayiing? I didn't get half of it, but

>looking at the boys was fun.

You need to get subtitles... I always turn them on for BBC programs. As for twinks, interestingly they're not really my type. I can appreciate the beauty, but they don't get me as worked up as more manly men...

Archived